Re: Transport is not specified (using proxy() method or service description)

  • sharmila_pillai
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2003
      Uncommenting 'use SOAP::MIME' gives me an error/warning:
      Subroutine SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize redefined at
      /usr/bin/perl-5.8.0/lib/
      site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/MIME.pm line 20.

      I did $ent->print(\*STDOUT); and looks like $ent is created
      successfully.

      Interestingly, when I change the order of proxy() and parts()
      declaration the transport
      error seems to disappear as well!
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->readable(1)
      ->uri($NS)
      ->proxy($HOST)
      ->parts(@parts);

      Now, I get the following error:
      Can't locate object method "testattach" via package "SOAP::SOM" at
      testattach_client1.pl line 25.
      Any pointers??

      TIA,
      Sharmila.

      ________________________
      > Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
      Yahoo!
      > Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2003
        SOAP::MIME is actually a patch to SOAP::Lite... not the best choice for an
        implementation I admit, but I wanted to make it easy without forcing the
        user to override every single parser/processor in the SOAP::Lite package.
        But that is neither here nor there. Bottom line, the warnings are
        harmless.

        If you comment out SOAP::MIME, the parts subroutine will be undefined, as
        it is defined by SOAP::MIME. The SOAP::SOM error is because Perl thinks
        you are trying to take action on a SOAP Response returned from parts which
        of course does not exist.

        Let me encourage you to download the new version of SOAP::Lite 0.60... it
        has all of SOAP::MIME's functionality merged into it more seemlessly,
        which will eliminate the need for 'use SOAP::MIME' all-together, and will
        get rid of those annoying warnings.

        > Uncommenting 'use SOAP::MIME' gives me an error/warning:
        > Subroutine SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize redefined at
        > /usr/bin/perl-5.8.0/lib/
        > site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/MIME.pm line 20.
        >

        > I did $ent-
        > successfully.
        >
        > Interestingly, when I change the order of proxy() and parts()
        > declaration the transport
        > error seems to disappear as well!
        > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        > -
        > -
        > -
        > -
        >
        > Now, I get the following error:
        > Can't locate object method "testattach" via package
        > "SOAP::SOM" at
        > testattach_client1.pl line 25.
        > Any pointers??
        >
        > TIA,