Transport is not specified (using proxy() method or service description)

  • sharmila_pillai
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2003
      Hi,

      I am trying to send and receive attachments using soaplite. I
      followed the examples
      in http://www.majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/samples and I get the above
      mentioned
      error.
      Has anyone got the examples working? This doesn't look like a common
      problem.
      BTW, am quite new to perl and apologies if I am being daft :-(

      TIA,
      Sharmila.

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);
      #use SOAP::MIME;
      use MIME::Entity;
      use Data::Dumper;

      $HOST = "http://web3-node3/cgi-bin/sharmila-dev/testattach.cgi";
      $NS = "TestAttach";

      my $ent = build MIME::Entity
      Type => "image/gif",
      Encoding => "base64",
      Path => "somefile.gif",
      Filename => "arrowDown.gif",
      Disposition => "attachment";

      my @parts = ($ent);

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->readable(1)
      ->uri($NS)
      ->parts(@parts)
      ->proxy($HOST);
      my $som = $soap->testattach(SOAP::Data->name("foo" => "bar"));
      print Dumper($som);
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2003
        --- sharmila_pillai <sharmila_pillai@...> wrote: > Hi,

        > I am trying to send and receive attachments using soaplite. I
        > followed the examples
        > in http://www.majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/samples and I get the above
        > mentioned
        > error.
        > Has anyone got the examples working? This doesn't look like a common
        > problem.
        > BTW, am quite new to perl and apologies if I am being daft :-(
        >
        > TIA,
        > Sharmila.
        >
        > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
        >
        > use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);
        > #use SOAP::MIME;
        > use MIME::Entity;
        > use Data::Dumper;
        >
        > $HOST = "http://web3-node3/cgi-bin/sharmila-dev/testattach.cgi";
        > $NS = "TestAttach";
        >
        > my $ent = build MIME::Entity
        > Type => "image/gif",
        > Encoding => "base64",
        > Path => "somefile.gif",
        > Filename => "arrowDown.gif",
        > Disposition => "attachment";
        >
        > my @parts = ($ent);
        >
        > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        > ->readable(1)
        > ->uri($NS)
        > ->parts(@parts)
        > ->proxy($HOST);
        > my $som = $soap->testattach(SOAP::Data->name("foo" => "bar"));
        > print Dumper($som);

        Two questions.
        Why have you commented out "use SOAP::MIME" ?
        Is the MIME::Entity being created successfully? i.e does $ent have a
        real value?

        Regards
        Duncan

      • sharmila_pillai
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 21, 2003
          Uncommenting 'use SOAP::MIME' gives me an error/warning:
          Subroutine SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize redefined at
          /usr/bin/perl-5.8.0/lib/
          site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/MIME.pm line 20.

          I did $ent->print(\*STDOUT); and looks like $ent is created
          successfully.

          Interestingly, when I change the order of proxy() and parts()
          declaration the transport
          error seems to disappear as well!
          my $soap = SOAP::Lite
          ->readable(1)
          ->uri($NS)
          ->proxy($HOST)
          ->parts(@parts);

          Now, I get the following error:
          Can't locate object method "testattach" via package "SOAP::SOM" at
          testattach_client1.pl line 25.
          Any pointers??

          TIA,
          Sharmila.

          > > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
          > >
          > > use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);
          > > #use SOAP::MIME;
          > > use MIME::Entity;
          > > use Data::Dumper;
          > >
          > > $HOST = "http://web3-node3/cgi-bin/sharmila-dev/testattach.cgi";
          > > $NS = "TestAttach";
          > >
          > > my $ent = build MIME::Entity
          > > Type => "image/gif",
          > > Encoding => "base64",
          > > Path => "somefile.gif",
          > > Filename => "arrowDown.gif",
          > > Disposition => "attachment";
          > >
          > > my @parts = ($ent);
          > >
          > > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
          > > ->readable(1)
          > > ->uri($NS)
          > > ->parts(@parts)
          > > ->proxy($HOST);
          > > my $som = $soap->testattach(SOAP::Data->name("foo" => "bar"));
          > > print Dumper($som);
          >
          > Two questions.
          > Why have you commented out "use SOAP::MIME" ?
          > Is the MIME::Entity being created successfully? i.e does $ent have a
          > real value?
          >
          > Regards
          > Duncan

          ________________________
          > Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
          Yahoo!
          > Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
        • Byrne Reese
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21, 2003
            SOAP::MIME is actually a patch to SOAP::Lite... not the best choice for an
            implementation I admit, but I wanted to make it easy without forcing the
            user to override every single parser/processor in the SOAP::Lite package.
            But that is neither here nor there. Bottom line, the warnings are
            harmless.

            If you comment out SOAP::MIME, the parts subroutine will be undefined, as
            it is defined by SOAP::MIME. The SOAP::SOM error is because Perl thinks
            you are trying to take action on a SOAP Response returned from parts which
            of course does not exist.

            Let me encourage you to download the new version of SOAP::Lite 0.60... it
            has all of SOAP::MIME's functionality merged into it more seemlessly,
            which will eliminate the need for 'use SOAP::MIME' all-together, and will
            get rid of those annoying warnings.

            > Uncommenting 'use SOAP::MIME' gives me an error/warning:
            > Subroutine SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize redefined at
            > /usr/bin/perl-5.8.0/lib/
            > site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/MIME.pm line 20.
            >

            > I did $ent-
            > successfully.
            >
            > Interestingly, when I change the order of proxy() and parts()
            > declaration the transport
            > error seems to disappear as well!
            > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
            > -
            > -
            > -
            > -
            >
            > Now, I get the following error:
            > Can't locate object method "testattach" via package
            > "SOAP::SOM" at
            > testattach_client1.pl line 25.
            > Any pointers??
            >
            > TIA,