SOAP::SOM in servers...

  • Kristian Rink
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2003
      Hi all,...

      ...just a short question: Writing a client using SOAP::Lite, I am
      able to access a server SOAP answer using something like

      my $soapsrv=SOAP::Lite
      ->uri...
      ...;

      my $som=$soapsrv->functioncall();

      Is there a similar way to, inside a SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI, to
      access an incoming function call as a SOAP::SOM object and parse
      through it?

      TIA, have a nice day...
      Cheers,
      Kris

      --
      unschuldig? nicht verdächtig? unbeobachtet? vergiß es ...

      gegen eine gesellschaft der totalen überwachung - aufwachen
      und mitmachen: http://www.stop1984.org
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2003
        I should point you at an article that I think will help:

        http://builder.com.com/5100-6389-1052448.html

        There is a section about accessing an element by name. You can also see
        another sample in the following sample code:

        sub search {
        my $self = shift;
        my $envelope = pop;
        my $associates_id = $envelope->dataof("//search/associates_id")
        or die SOAP::Fault->faultcode("Client")
        ->faultstring("associates_id not specified")
        ->faultactor($ACTOR);
        my $product = $envelope->dataof("//search/product_group")
        or die SOAP::Fault->faultcode("Client")
        ->faultstring("product_group not specified")
        ->faultactor($ACTOR);
        my $keywords = $envelope->dataof("//search/keywords")
        or die SOAP::Fault->faultcode("Client")
        ->faultstring("keywords not specified")
        ->faultactor($ACTOR);

        Full source for above at:
        http://majordojo.com/amazon_query/amazon_query.txt

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2003
          Hi Byrne, all...

          On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
          "Byrne Reese" <byrne@...> wrote:

          > I should point you at an article that I think will help:
          >
          > http://builder.com.com/5100-6389-1052448.html
          >
          > There is a section about accessing an element by name. You can
          > also see another sample in the following sample code:

          Hmmm... Why doesn't google show me results like that? _Very_
          helpful indeed, thanks a lot for this!!!! :))

          Cheers, have a nice weekend everyone...
          Kris