POP3 and smtp soap ...

  • Bruno Mattarollo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
      Hello,

      I am new to SOAP::Lite and I am trying to get SOAP messages passed from
      a client via SMTP and the server reading via POP3...

      My client is:

      use SOAP::Lite;
      SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://localhost/Demo')
      -> proxy('mailto:myemail@...', smtp => 'smtp', From =>
      'me@...', Subject => 'SOAP message')
      -> hi();

      My server is composed of two files, Demo.pm and soap.pop3:
      Demo.pm:

      package Demo;
      sub hi {
      open(FD, "test.dat") or die("Couldn't open test.dat\n");
      print FD "hello, world";
      close(FD);
      }
      1;

      soap.pop3:

      #!perl -w

      use SOAP::Transport::POP3;
      use Demo;
      my $server = SOAP::Transport::POP3::Server
      -> new('pop://myemail:mypassword@...')
      -> dispatch_to('Demo');
      do { $server->handle } while sleep 10;

      When I use "use SOAP::Lite +trace;" in soap.pop3 I get these messages:

      Unquoted string "trace" may clash with future reserved word at
      soap.pop3 line 4.
      SOAP::Serializer::new: ()
      SOAP::Deserializer::new: ()
      SOAP::Parser::new: ()
      SOAP::Server::new: ()
      SOAP::Server::handle: ()
      SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize: ()
      SOAP::MIMEParser::new: ()
      SOAP::Parser::decode: ()
      SOAP::SOM::new: ()
      SOAP::Data::new: ()
      SOAP::Data::DESTROY: ()
      (eval):
      SOAP::Server::handle:
      SOAP::Fault::new: ()
      SOAP::SOM::DESTROY: ()

      But my sub "hi" in Demo.pm is not called, otherwise I would have the
      file created, right? I am lost! You will noticed by now that I am new
      to this :) Please have mercy :)!

      Thanks in advance for pointers, suggestions, ideas.

      Cheers

      /B

      --
      Bruno Mattarollo <bmatt@...>
      Currently in: Amsterdam, The Netherlands