SOAP::Lite v0.60 Beta 1

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2003
      This year at OSCON, Paul Kulchenko and I made several announcements
      regarding the development of the SOAP::Lite toolkit. I wanted to
      provide a summary of those announcements here and let the developer
      community at large in on a few upcoming changes...

      First of all, the development of the SOAP::Lite toolkit has appeared
      to be somewhat stagnant over the past year. Paul Kulchenko has been
      incredibly busy -- the tasks of managing the entire SOAP::Lite
      developer community and the demands of his own work has slowed the
      ongoing maintenence of the SOAP::Lite toolkit.

      In actuality, work never stopped. Paul has been keep extensive notes
      based on the message traffic of this newsgroup and has been feeding
      that information into a product roadmap that Paul and I have been
      fleshing out and begun to execute upon for the last several months.

      I want to announce that this Monday Paul has commited to having
      SOAP::Lite version 0.60 (Beta 1) and a new version of the SOAP::Lite
      website ready and released. When that is complete, it will signal
      the "passing of the torch" of primary SOAP::Lite development and
      maintenence to me. Doing so will allow Paul to focus more on the
      architecture of the next generation of releases for the SOAP::Lite
      toolkit.

      I on the other hand will be focused on managing the SOAP::Lite
      project, coordinated developer efforts, making bug fixes, and working
      on the next big release of SOAP::Lite.

      So stay tuned, a lot of exciting stuff if happening in the SOAP::Lite
      world... including more complete and robust WSDL support, complete
      MIME support, a multitude of bug fixes, much improved documentation
      and much more. Look for an announcement on Monday (knock on wood) for
      the next release of SOAP::Lite!

      Byrne Reese
      Lead Developer and Project Manager, SOAP::Lite

      CALLING ALL DEVELOPERS

      If you would like to contribute to the further development of
      SOAP::Lite, we are in desparate need of your help. Join the team, or
      email me to learn more about how you can help!
      byrne@...

      NEW MAILING LISTS

      http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=66000

      For announcements (low traffic):
      soaplite-announce@...

      For developers on the project:
      soaplite-devel@...

      ** This list will continue to be the primary place for SOAP::Lite
      user support and feedback.