Re: Perl SOAP server and .Net Client

  • Kedar Barve
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
      Suren:

      > 5) my soap url is http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher
      >
      > Problem 1
      > ---------
      > Now when i run my c# client it gives me the following error
      > Failed to access class (ScriptLauncher.xsd) at
      > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm lin
      > e 2131.

      Can you send me the proxy script code? Just want to see how you
      handle dispatch? Also attach your WSDL if possible..

      > Problem 2
      > ---------
      > When i use the WebServiceStudio2 i am able to get to the WSDL but
      > then when i try to invoke a method it gives me the following error
      >
      > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been
      > thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
      System.Net.WebException:
      > The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
      remote
      > server.
      > at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse
      > (WebRequest request)

      This might be somewhat related to the same above error.

      --kedar
    • rathi_sk
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
        Hi Kedar

        where you faced a similar issue. Anyways

        1) following is my script which launches my server

        #----- begin proxy script ------

        use ScriptLauncher;
        use Getopt::Long;
        use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'all';

        my $port = "8080";
        GetOptions( "port=s" => \$port );
        &startServer();

        sub startServer(){
        $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort => $port)-
        > dispatch_to('ScriptLauncher');
        $daemon->handle;

        }

        # ---- end of proxy script ----

        2) My WSDL is as follows

        # ---------- begin wsdl -----------

        <?xml version="1.0"?>
        <definitions name="ScriptLauncher"
        targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher/"
        xmlns:tns="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher/"
        xmlns:xsdl="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl">
        <types>
        <xsd:schema
        targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl">
        <xsd:element name="extractInterestRequest"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="extractInterestResponse"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="extractCDPricesRequest"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="extractCDPricesResponse"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="runPositionRecRequest"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="runPositionRecResponse"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="runCashRecRequest"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="runCashRecResponse"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="downloadBatchRequest"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="downloadBatchResponse"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="downloadFileIdRequest"
        type="xsd:string" />
        <xsd:element name="downloadFileIdResponse"
        type="xsd:string" />
        </xsd:schema>
        </types>
        <message name="downloadBatchRequest">
        <part name="downloadBatchRequestSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:downloadBatchRequest"/>
        </message>
        <message name="downloadBatchResponse">
        <part name="downloadBatchResponseSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:downloadBatchResponse"/>
        </message>
        <message name="downloadFileIdRequest">
        <part name="downloadFileIdRequestSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:downloadFileIdRequest"/>
        </message>
        <message name="downloadFileIdResponse">
        <part name="downloadFileIdResponseSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:downloadFileIdResponse"/>
        </message>
        <message name="extractCDPricesRequest">
        <part name="extractCDPricesRequestSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:extractCDPricesRequest"/>
        </message>
        <message name="extractCDPricesResponse">
        <part name="extractCDPricesResponseSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:extractCDPricesResponse"/>
        </message>
        <message name="extractInterestRequest">
        <part name="extractInterestRequestSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:extractInterestRequest"/>
        </message>
        <message name="extractInterestResponse">
        <part name="extractInterestResponseSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:extractInterestResponse"/>
        </message>
        <message name="runCashRecRequest">
        <part name="runCashRecRequestSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:runCashRecRequest"/>
        </message>
        <message name="runCashRecResponse">
        <part name="runCashRecResponseSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:runCashRecResponse"/>
        </message>
        <message name="runPositionRecRequest">
        <part name="runPositionRecRequestSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:runPositionRecRequest"/>
        </message>
        <message name="runPositionRecResponse">
        <part name="runPositionRecResponseSoapMsg"
        element="xsdl:runPositionRecResponse"/>
        </message>
        <portType name="ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherPortType">
        <operation name="downloadBatch">
        <input message="tns:downloadBatchRequest" />
        <output message="tns:downloadBatchResponse" />
        </operation>
        <operation name="downloadFileId">
        <input message="tns:downloadFileIdRequest" />
        <output
        message="tns:downloadFileIdResponse" />
        </operation>
        <operation name="extractCDPrices">
        <input message="tns:extractCDPricesRequest" />
        <output
        message="tns:extractCDPricesResponse" />
        </operation>
        <operation name="extractInterest">
        <input message="tns:extractInterestRequest" />
        <output
        message="tns:extractInterestResponse" />
        </operation>
        <operation name="runCashRec">
        <input message="tns:runCashRecRequest" />
        <output message="tns:runCashRecResponse" />
        </operation>
        <operation name="runPositionRec">
        <input message="tns:runPositionRecRequest" />
        <output
        message="tns:runPositionRecResponse" />
        </operation>
        </portType>
        <binding name="ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherBinding"
        type="tns:ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherPortType">
        <soap:binding style="document"
        <operation name="downloadBatch">
        <soap:operation style="document"
        soapAction=""/>
        <input>
        <soap:body use="literal"/>
        </input>
        <output>
        <soap:body use="literal"/>
        </output>
[...]
        </binding>
        <service name="ScriptLauncher">
        <documentation>
        SOAP Interface for all backoffice scripts
        </documentation>
        <port name="ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherPort"
        binding="tns:ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherBinding">
        <soap:address
        location="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher"/>
        </port>
        </service>
        </definitions>

        # ---------- end of wsdl -----------

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Kedar Barve" <kedsbarve@y...> wrote:

        > Suren:
        >
        > > 5) my soap url is http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher
        > >
        > > Problem 1
        > > ---------
        > > Now when i run my c# client it gives me the following error
        > > Failed to access class (ScriptLauncher.xsd) at
        > > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm lin
        > > e 2131.
        >
        > Can you send me the proxy script code? Just want to see how you
        > handle dispatch? Also attach your WSDL if possible..
        >

        > > Problem 2
        > > ---------
        > > When i use the WebServiceStudio2 i am able to get to the WSDL but
        > > then when i try to invoke a method it gives me the following error
        > >
        > > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been
        > > thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
        > System.Net.WebException:
        > > The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
        > remote
        > > server.
        > > at
        System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse
        > > (WebRequest request)
        > >

        > This might be somewhat related to the same above error.
        >
        > --kedar
      • Kedar Barve
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003

          (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/2470)
          > where you faced a similar issue. Anyways

          I do remember that thread, I had similiar problems. But I exactly
          don't remember what fixed it. But anyways i am just trying to
          traverse back in time and trying to remember something. I had to
          modify the WSDL by hand. The WSDL generated by the WSDL::Generator is
          not perfect.

          try to incorporate these changes to your WSDL:

          <?xml version="1.0"?>
          <definitions name="ScriptLauncher"
          [NEW] xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
          [NEW] targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl"
          [NEW] xmlns:tns="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl"
          [NEW] xmlns:xsdl="http://localhost:9088">

          <types>
          [NEW]<xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088">

          > 1) following is my script which launches my server

          > #----- begin proxy script ------
          >
          > use ScriptLauncher;
          > use Getopt::Long;
          > use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'all';
          >
          > my $port = "8080";
          > GetOptions( "port=s" => \$port );
          > &startServer();
          >
          > sub startServer(){
          > $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort =>
          $port)-
          > > dispatch_to('ScriptLauncher');
          > $daemon->handle;
          >
          > }
          >
          > # ---- end of proxy script ----

          Does the above dispatch works correctly? Does the script finds
          the 'ScriptLauncher.pm'?

          if not, you can also add one more param to the dispatch_to function:

          dispatch_to('your module path', 'module')

          let me know..I am not sure whether this will work, but hopefully we
          move ahead.

          kedar
        • rathi_sk
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
            Hi Kedar

            Firstly let me thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate
            your help.

            1) I did modify the wsdl as you had asked me to. But now i get a
            different error. as follows
            System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
            Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
            System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
            Denied access to method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
            c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2166.

            2) I can access the server from a perl client without any problems.
            And it does execute the methods.

            3) My modified wsdl is as follows

          • Kedar Barve
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
              > 1) I did modify the wsdl as you had asked me to. But now i get a
              > different error. as follows
              > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
              > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
              > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
              > Denied access to method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
              > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2166.

              try this. I guess, this should fix this error for now.

              -> dispatch_to('your module dir path','[\w:]+')

              also include the export statements with the list of functions
              exported in your perl module, that way you normally do it while
              creating a perl package.

              > 2) I can access the server from a perl client without any problems.
              > And it does execute the methods.

              Thats good.

              Let me know how it goes. good luck!!

              cheers!
              kedar
            • rathi_sk
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
                Hi Kedar

                i did what you had suggested but i now get a different error

                System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
                Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
                System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
                Failed to locate method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
                c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2239.

                This is how the modified line looks like
                $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort => $port)
                -> dispatch_to('C:\reconciliation\NebInterface','[\w:]+');
                Existing code
                #$daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort => $port)->
                dispatch_to('ScriptLauncher');

                thanks
                suren

                --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Kedar Barve" <kedsbarve@y...> wrote:

                > > 1) I did modify the wsdl as you had asked me to. But now i get a
                > > different error. as follows
                > > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
                > > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
                > > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
                > > Denied access to method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
                > > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2166.
                >
                > try this. I guess, this should fix this error for now.
                >
                > -> dispatch_to('your module dir path','[\w:]+')
                >
                > also include the export statements with the list of functions
                > exported in your perl module, that way you normally do it while
                > creating a perl package.
                >

                > > 2) I can access the server from a perl client without any
                problems.
                > > And it does execute the methods.
                >
                > Thats good.
                > >

                > Let me know how it goes. good luck!!
                >
                > cheers!
                > kedar
              • rathi_sk
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
                  Hi Kedar

                  Is it possible for you to send me the working wsdl and the server
                  (proxy) from your project.

                  1) I noted a few things my method is called the downloadBatch but
                  when the webservicestudio client requests it i get a downloadRequest
                  method not found. I dont know how 'Request' got appended. But that is
                  what the wsdl has.

                  2)the module which implements the methods are in the same directory
                  in which my proxy server runs.

                  3) I used TCPmon to look at the network activity and the messages
                  sent from a soap::lite client is significantly different from the one
                  sent by WebServiceStudio.

                  thanks
                  suren