RE: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite issues with windows?

  • Daniel Ashbrook
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2003
      I hacked up a real short test program, and it seems to have the same problems
      as my full code. Here's the client:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      use strict;
      use SOAP::Lite;
      use Tk;

      my $main = MainWindow->new;
      my $button = $main->Button(-text => 'go!', -command => \&get);

      sub get
      my $soap_response = SOAP::Lite->uri('http://tako:3004/My/Soapy')
      print "got: " . $soap_response->result . $/;

      And here's the server:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      use strict;
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      ->new(LocalPort => 3004)

      package My::Soapy;

      sub testy { return "happy!"; }

      Thanks for any help,

      Daniel Ashbrook

      --- Byrne Reese <BReese@...> wrote:
      > It is hard to say without seeing the code and knowing too much about the
      > Windows TCP stack, but I would not be surprised if Windows is not properly
      > closing the socket when the call is complete. SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      > is not thread safe, and can only handle one connection at a time. If the
      > socket never closes then once you connect, it will look like the thing has
      > hanged. Can you send the code? The problem might be there as well.

      Do you Yahoo!?