Perl SOAP server and .Net Client

  • rathi_sk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28, 2003
      Hi

      I am a SOAP protocol newbie.

      I have a lot of perl scripts and i wanted to provide a C# gui
      frontend to launch the scripts. So far following the threads in this
      newsgroup i have been able to

      1) generate WSDL for my server using WSDL generator
      2) I have used the WSDL Editor from CapeClear. It doesnt show any
      errors.
      3) I have modified the HTTP.pm in SOAP::Transport to return the WSDL.
      A fix suggested in this newsgroup.
      4) I was successfully able to make visual studio generate the
      reference class (proxy) for my perl server.
      5) my soap url is http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher

      Problem 1
      ---------
      Now when i run my c# client it gives me the following error
      Failed to access class (ScriptLauncher.xsd) at
      c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm lin
      e 2131.

      Problem 2
      ---------
      When i use the WebServiceStudio2 i am able to get to the WSDL but
      then when i try to invoke a method it gives me the following error

      System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been
      thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.WebException:
      The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
      server.
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse
      (WebRequest request)

      any help is greatly appreciated
      thanks
      suren
    • Kedar Barve
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
        Suren:

        > 5) my soap url is http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher
        >
        > Problem 1
        > ---------
        > Now when i run my c# client it gives me the following error
        > Failed to access class (ScriptLauncher.xsd) at
        > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm lin
        > e 2131.

        Can you send me the proxy script code? Just want to see how you
        handle dispatch? Also attach your WSDL if possible..

        > Problem 2
        > ---------
        > When i use the WebServiceStudio2 i am able to get to the WSDL but
        > then when i try to invoke a method it gives me the following error
        >
        > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been
        > thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
        System.Net.WebException:
        > The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
        remote
        > server.
        > at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse
        > (WebRequest request)

        This might be somewhat related to the same above error.

        --kedar
      • rathi_sk
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
          Hi Kedar

          where you faced a similar issue. Anyways

          1) following is my script which launches my server

          #----- begin proxy script ------

          use ScriptLauncher;
          use Getopt::Long;
          use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'all';

          my $port = "8080";
          GetOptions( "port=s" => \$port );
          &startServer();

          sub startServer(){
          $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort => $port)-
          > dispatch_to('ScriptLauncher');
          $daemon->handle;

          }

          # ---- end of proxy script ----

          2) My WSDL is as follows

          # ---------- begin wsdl -----------

          <?xml version="1.0"?>
          <definitions name="ScriptLauncher"
          targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher/"
          xmlns:tns="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher/"
          xmlns:xsdl="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl">
          <types>
          <xsd:schema
          targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl">
          <xsd:element name="extractInterestRequest"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="extractInterestResponse"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="extractCDPricesRequest"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="extractCDPricesResponse"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="runPositionRecRequest"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="runPositionRecResponse"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="runCashRecRequest"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="runCashRecResponse"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="downloadBatchRequest"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="downloadBatchResponse"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="downloadFileIdRequest"
          type="xsd:string" />
          <xsd:element name="downloadFileIdResponse"
          type="xsd:string" />
          </xsd:schema>
          </types>
          <message name="downloadBatchRequest">
          <part name="downloadBatchRequestSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:downloadBatchRequest"/>
          </message>
          <message name="downloadBatchResponse">
          <part name="downloadBatchResponseSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:downloadBatchResponse"/>
          </message>
          <message name="downloadFileIdRequest">
          <part name="downloadFileIdRequestSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:downloadFileIdRequest"/>
          </message>
          <message name="downloadFileIdResponse">
          <part name="downloadFileIdResponseSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:downloadFileIdResponse"/>
          </message>
          <message name="extractCDPricesRequest">
          <part name="extractCDPricesRequestSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:extractCDPricesRequest"/>
          </message>
          <message name="extractCDPricesResponse">
          <part name="extractCDPricesResponseSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:extractCDPricesResponse"/>
          </message>
          <message name="extractInterestRequest">
          <part name="extractInterestRequestSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:extractInterestRequest"/>
          </message>
          <message name="extractInterestResponse">
          <part name="extractInterestResponseSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:extractInterestResponse"/>
          </message>
          <message name="runCashRecRequest">
          <part name="runCashRecRequestSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:runCashRecRequest"/>
          </message>
          <message name="runCashRecResponse">
          <part name="runCashRecResponseSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:runCashRecResponse"/>
          </message>
          <message name="runPositionRecRequest">
          <part name="runPositionRecRequestSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:runPositionRecRequest"/>
          </message>
          <message name="runPositionRecResponse">
          <part name="runPositionRecResponseSoapMsg"
          element="xsdl:runPositionRecResponse"/>
          </message>
          <portType name="ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherPortType">
          <operation name="downloadBatch">
          <input message="tns:downloadBatchRequest" />
          <output message="tns:downloadBatchResponse" />
          </operation>
          <operation name="downloadFileId">
          <input message="tns:downloadFileIdRequest" />
          <output
          message="tns:downloadFileIdResponse" />
          </operation>
          <operation name="extractCDPrices">
          <input message="tns:extractCDPricesRequest" />
          <output
          message="tns:extractCDPricesResponse" />
          </operation>
          <operation name="extractInterest">
          <input message="tns:extractInterestRequest" />
          <output
          message="tns:extractInterestResponse" />
          </operation>
          <operation name="runCashRec">
          <input message="tns:runCashRecRequest" />
          <output message="tns:runCashRecResponse" />
          </operation>
          <operation name="runPositionRec">
          <input message="tns:runPositionRecRequest" />
          <output
          message="tns:runPositionRecResponse" />
          </operation>
          </portType>
          <binding name="ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherBinding"
          type="tns:ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherPortType">
          <soap:binding style="document"
          <operation name="downloadBatch">
          <soap:operation style="document"
          soapAction=""/>
          <input>
          <soap:body use="literal"/>
          </input>
          <output>
          <soap:body use="literal"/>
          </output>
[...]
          </binding>
          <service name="ScriptLauncher">
          <documentation>
          SOAP Interface for all backoffice scripts
          </documentation>
          <port name="ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherPort"
          binding="tns:ScriptLauncherScriptLauncherBinding">
          <soap:address
          location="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher"/>
          </port>
          </service>
          </definitions>

          # ---------- end of wsdl -----------

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Kedar Barve" <kedsbarve@y...> wrote:

          > Suren:
          >
          > > 5) my soap url is http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher
          > >
          > > Problem 1
          > > ---------
          > > Now when i run my c# client it gives me the following error
          > > Failed to access class (ScriptLauncher.xsd) at
          > > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm lin
          > > e 2131.
          >
          > Can you send me the proxy script code? Just want to see how you
          > handle dispatch? Also attach your WSDL if possible..
          >

          > > Problem 2
          > > ---------
          > > When i use the WebServiceStudio2 i am able to get to the WSDL but
          > > then when i try to invoke a method it gives me the following error
          > >
          > > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been
          > > thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
          > System.Net.WebException:
          > > The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
          > remote
          > > server.
          > > at
          System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse
          > > (WebRequest request)
          > >

          > This might be somewhat related to the same above error.
          >
          > --kedar
        • Kedar Barve
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003

            (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/2470)
            > where you faced a similar issue. Anyways

            I do remember that thread, I had similiar problems. But I exactly
            don't remember what fixed it. But anyways i am just trying to
            traverse back in time and trying to remember something. I had to
            modify the WSDL by hand. The WSDL generated by the WSDL::Generator is
            not perfect.

            try to incorporate these changes to your WSDL:

            <?xml version="1.0"?>
            <definitions name="ScriptLauncher"
            [NEW] xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
            [NEW] targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl"
            [NEW] xmlns:tns="http://localhost:9088/ScriptLauncher.wsdl"
            [NEW] xmlns:xsdl="http://localhost:9088">

            <types>
            [NEW]<xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://localhost:9088">

            > 1) following is my script which launches my server

            > #----- begin proxy script ------
            >
            > use ScriptLauncher;
            > use Getopt::Long;
            > use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'all';
            >
            > my $port = "8080";
            > GetOptions( "port=s" => \$port );
            > &startServer();
            >
            > sub startServer(){
            > $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort =>
            $port)-
            > > dispatch_to('ScriptLauncher');
            > $daemon->handle;
            >
            > }
            >
            > # ---- end of proxy script ----

            Does the above dispatch works correctly? Does the script finds
            the 'ScriptLauncher.pm'?

            if not, you can also add one more param to the dispatch_to function:

            dispatch_to('your module path', 'module')

            let me know..I am not sure whether this will work, but hopefully we
            move ahead.

            kedar
          • rathi_sk
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
              Hi Kedar

              Firstly let me thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate
              your help.

              1) I did modify the wsdl as you had asked me to. But now i get a
              different error. as follows
              System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
              Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
              System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
              Denied access to method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
              c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2166.

              2) I can access the server from a perl client without any problems.
              And it does execute the methods.

              3) My modified wsdl is as follows

            • Kedar Barve
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
                > 1) I did modify the wsdl as you had asked me to. But now i get a
                > different error. as follows
                > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
                > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
                > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
                > Denied access to method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
                > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2166.

                try this. I guess, this should fix this error for now.

                -> dispatch_to('your module dir path','[\w:]+')

                also include the export statements with the list of functions
                exported in your perl module, that way you normally do it while
                creating a perl package.

                > 2) I can access the server from a perl client without any problems.
                > And it does execute the methods.

                Thats good.

                Let me know how it goes. good luck!!

                cheers!
                kedar
              • rathi_sk
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
                  Hi Kedar

                  i did what you had suggested but i now get a different error

                  System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
                  Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
                  System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
                  Failed to locate method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
                  c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2239.

                  This is how the modified line looks like
                  $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort => $port)
                  -> dispatch_to('C:\reconciliation\NebInterface','[\w:]+');
                  Existing code
                  #$daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon-> new (LocalPort => $port)->
                  dispatch_to('ScriptLauncher');

                  thanks
                  suren

                  --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Kedar Barve" <kedsbarve@y...> wrote:

                  > > 1) I did modify the wsdl as you had asked me to. But now i get a
                  > > different error. as follows
                  > > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
                  > > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
                  > > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
                  > > Denied access to method (downloadBatchRequest) in class (main) at
                  > > c:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2166.
                  >
                  > try this. I guess, this should fix this error for now.
                  >
                  > -> dispatch_to('your module dir path','[\w:]+')
                  >
                  > also include the export statements with the list of functions
                  > exported in your perl module, that way you normally do it while
                  > creating a perl package.
                  >

                  > > 2) I can access the server from a perl client without any
                  problems.
                  > > And it does execute the methods.
                  >
                  > Thats good.
                  > >

                  > Let me know how it goes. good luck!!
                  >
                  > cheers!
                  > kedar
                • rathi_sk
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 29, 2003
                    Hi Kedar

                    Is it possible for you to send me the working wsdl and the server
                    (proxy) from your project.

                    1) I noted a few things my method is called the downloadBatch but
                    when the webservicestudio client requests it i get a downloadRequest
                    method not found. I dont know how 'Request' got appended. But that is
                    what the wsdl has.

                    2)the module which implements the methods are in the same directory
                    in which my proxy server runs.

                    3) I used TCPmon to look at the network activity and the messages
                    sent from a soap::lite client is significantly different from the one
                    sent by WebServiceStudio.

                    thanks
                    suren