Help !! Namespace problem

  • usurihxjava
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2003
      I'm a newbie to SOAP. I'd appreciate someone shedding a
      little
      light on namespaces for me. I have a SOAP service, echo.cgi, that
      dispatches to
      Echo.pm. Both are located in directory cgi-bin, so
      http://server/cgi-bin/echo.cgi is a working location for the service
      address.

      In a SOAP client, I can set ->proxy("http://server/cgi-
      bin/echo.cgi") and
      ->uri("Echo") or
      ->uri("urn:Echo") or ->uri("http://server/Echo") and everything
      works fine.
      However, if I set
      ->uri("http://server/cgi-bin/Echo"), I get an error "Failed to
      access class
      (cgi-bin::Echo) at E:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2101."

      Can anyone clarify for me what is going on and how i can fix this
    • John Ralston
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2003
        At 04:31 PM 7/25/03 +0100, you wrote:
        Just remove the 'cgi-bin'; you don't need it. SOAP::Lite uses the
        namespace specified in the URI to locate the package in which the method
        to be called is.

        --
        Paul Tweedy

        Thanks, Paul. But just to clarify: is the URI the path to the package (Echo.pm in this case) or does it include the path and the name of the package?

        John