SOAP::Lite issues with windows?

  • anjirokhan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2003
      Hi folks,

      I'm pretty new to this SOAP stuff, but I'm trying to write a Tk based
      client to run on both Linux and Windows. I'm trying to use
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP:Daemon, and it works perfectly on Linux with
      several clients at a time. But as soon as I use Windows, the whole
      thing breaks. The first call the windows client makes (on startup)
      goes through fine; however, when I try to make another call, the
      client tries to contact the server and just stops. This also appears
      to break the server, as when I try to connect with the linux client,
      it also freezes. After 45 seconds or so, the windows client will
      eventually get a response and start working again.

      Versions:
      Perl 5.8.0 on both windows and linux
      SOAP::Lite .55 on both windows and linux
      Windows is Windows XP home (ick)

      Any ideas or suggestions on how to debug this would be great!

      Thanks,

      Daniel Ashbrook
    • Daniel Ashbrook
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2003
        I hacked up a real short test program, and it seems to have the same problems
        as my full code. Here's the client:

        #!/usr/bin/perl -w
        use strict;
        use SOAP::Lite;
        use Tk;

        my $main = MainWindow->new;
        my $button = $main->Button(-text => 'go!', -command => \&get);
        $button->pack;

        MainLoop;

        sub get
        {
        my $soap_response = SOAP::Lite->uri('http://tako:3004/My/Soapy')
        ->proxy('http://tako:3004')->testy();
        print "got: " . $soap_response->result . $/;

        And here's the server:

        #!/usr/bin/perl -w
        use strict;
        use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;