Re: Kedar Barve? .net client to SOAP::Lite web service

  • Kedar Barve
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2003
      Hi Richard:

      > We're on the client end and are using Visual Studio.NET and .NET
      Framework
      > 1.0
      >
      > 1. We've downloaded the wsdl file
      > 2. Run it against wsdl.exe to generate the proxy class
      > 3. Added the proxy class and reference to our project
      > 4. Instanced the proxy class and called a method called
      RequestAccounts

      > And it returns the following error...
      >
      > 1) Exception Information
      > Exception Type: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException
      > Actor:
      > Code: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Client
      > Detail: NULL
      > Message: Failed to access class (2001::XMLSchema): syntax error at
      (eval
      > 130) line 1, near "require 2001"
      >
      > TargetSite: System.Object[]
      > ReadResponse(System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage,
      > System.Net.WebResponse, System.IO.Stream)
      > HelpLink: NULL
      > Source: System.Web.Services

      I have never encountered such an error before, but the error seems to
      be occuring during the parsing of the WSDL file. Might not be well
      formed or some typo somewhere. I need to see the wsdl file, to find
      more abt it. Let me know.

      Also, check around this line in the wsdl file:
      <definitions name="XYZ" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

      Also try creating a web reference directly to the wsdl URL from a c#
      or vb.net code and verify it again.

      And download this free tool (.NET WebService Studio 2.0). Its quite
      helpful and easy to use.

      > We also ran into problems with the error below, but Marc tweeked
      something
      > his end and fixed it...
      >
      > Exception Type: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException
      > Actor:
      > Code: <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Client>
      > Detail: NULL
      > Message: SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if present (got
      > 'http://213.166.80.105/Apache/Kentucky/Kentucky_Services#RequestAcco
      unts',
      > expected 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int'

      This is fixed by the 'on_action' statement (read my prev post) on the
      soap server-side.

      Let me know how it goes. good luck!!

      cheers!
      kedar