SSL support for Standalone SOAP server

  • stephanwinkler2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2003
      Hi all,

      I played with the SOAP toolkit and tested communication between SOAP
      clients and servers. I'm especially interested in a standalone
      implementation without underlying apache WEB server. This works fine
      for various scenarios. However, SSL support for a standalone SOAP
      server is not supported, am I right?

      My test scripts work for a SOAP client talking (https) to a openssl
      s_server that mimics SSL communication, but the SOAP server does not
      re-act on the SSL requests (and tracing the server is not possible as
      I have learnt from some messages before).

      If SSL is not supported for a standalone server, how can I add some
      security features as this would be an important issue for the planned
      implementation? Has someone made some experience with that?

      Best regards

      Stephan