PocketSoap cannot interpret SoapLite faults

  • anmue2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 2:36 AM
      Hello,

      SoapLite has a bug which perhaps seems not very severe but for some
      people it is essential. It sends the SOAP faults not standard. The
      spec says that the fault must be of type xsd:QName while SoapLite
      makes it of type xsd:string. Anyway, PocketSoap cannot interpret the
      fault. This means, that the only chance to see what SoapLite sends
      is to use a TCP Dump. This is not usable. I want to refer to message

      which describes the problem.

      Has anybody already patched SoapLite or does Paul plan to fix the
      bug? It is really important.

      Regards, Andreas
    • Igor Korolev
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 7:34 AM
        Andreas,

        Can you please let me know how to get fault text. I posted this
        question last week, but nobody responded. I am using SOAP::Lite,
        but it would not return anything in case of fault due to HTTP error
        code being equal 500. With trace on, I see that the fault text
        was received, but I can not find methods to get it.

        Thank you,

        Igor

        SoapLite has a bug which perhaps seems not very severe but for some
        people it is essential. It sends the SOAP faults not standard. The
        spec says that the fault must be of type xsd:QName while SoapLite
        makes it of type xsd:string. Anyway, PocketSoap cannot interpret the
        fault. This means, that the only chance to see what SoapLite sends
        is to use a TCP Dump. This is not usable. I want to refer to message

        which describes the problem.

        Has anybody already patched SoapLite or does Paul plan to fix the
        bug? It is really important.

        Regards, Andreas

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/