Passing arguments from soaplite client to jaxrpc server

  • Isaac Graf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2003
      Hello,

      I have set up a soap server using jaxrpc and I am trying to call methods on
      the server using a soaplite client. I am able to call methods when the
      methods do not take any arguments. However, when I call a method that
      requires an argument (a simple int or String) I get an error. When I call a
      method that requires a single int to be passed, the debug from soaplite
      shows me the following server error message.

      ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:ns0="http://sla.micromuse.com/types"
      env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><env:Body><env:Fault><faultcode>env:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Internal
      Server Error (deserialization error: unexpected XML reader state. expected:
      END but found: START:
      c-gensym3)</faultstring></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>

      When I try calling the same method from a client generated via jaxrpc
      everything works fine.

      One thing I noticed is that the soaplite client sends its parameters as
      c-gensym xml elements, while the jaxrpc client sends it as an element named
      int_1 or the like.
      So for example to send an int paramter of a value 6, the xml generated by
      the jaxrpc client looks like this: <int_1 xsi:type="xsd:int">6</int_1>

      while the xml generated by the soaplite client looks like this:
      <c-gensym3 xsi:type="xsd:int">6</c-gensym3>

      I am wondering if this disparity is preventing the server from processing
      the argument since the error from the server seems to be pointing to the
      gensym element.

      Thank you very much for your help.
      Isaac