Complex Type attributes being sent as xsd:int not xsd:string

  • talios2k
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2003
      Recently I came accross a need to talk to my webservice from a perl
      application, I've now got SOAP::Lite passing in my complex type object
      all nice and properly on the correct namespace, but the fields of the
      object ( which the WSDL specify as strings ) are being passed by
      SOAP::Lite as integers, due to the way perl works.

      Is there any way to easily get around this?

      I assume I need to write a custom serialiser, the cookbook shows me
      how I can instantiate a custom serializer, but doesn't show anything
      about how to actually customize serialization.

      Hopefully someone out there has already done this and has either some
      examples, or a nice funky way of doing it already?

      Hopefully someones listening...

      Mark
    • Kedar Barve
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2003
        Mark:

        Not sure whether this will help you. But try this:

        return SOAP::Data->name('YourResponseAttributeName')->type('string')-
        >value('TestValue')->uri('YourNameSpace');

        cheers!
        kedar