OSCON'03 BOF

  • Alasdair Allan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2003
      All,

      Well I've (finally) gotten round to requesting a BOF slot at OSCON, since
      web services is such a timely issue I doubt we're going to have any problems
      getting a slot, so...

      Paul has already volunteered to kick the session off with a (brief) talk,
      I'll leave it up to him decide what he wants to talk about.

      Do we have any more volunteers for presentations? Or discussion topics?
      Someone with a couple of overheads and an idea they want to chew over
      perhaps?

      I'll sort out some PC projection equipment (I can probably get some money
      out of someones budget for it) so we can do demos, show each other code,
      and do the (now traditional) powerpoint presentations.

      Cheers,
      Alasdair.
      --
      Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter
    • Alasdair Allan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2003
        > I'll sort out some PC projection equipment (I can probably get some money
        > out of someones budget for it) so we can do demos, show each other code,
        > and do the (now traditional) powerpoint presentations.

        Okay, I just contacted the people O'Reilly point at to do AV rental from,
        and they want $350 for the kit and $75 for a technician to sit around in
        the back and make sure we don't steal the kit.

        Personally I think thats an outrageous price for some AV kit for an hour,
        but there you go, thats capitalism I guess.

        Anyone want to split the cost of the AV kit? or volunteer to bring a
        projector with them?

        Al.
        --
        Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter