VB .NET client -> Perl SOAP:Lite server on Solaris

  • michaelcano2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2003
      Hi all,

      I posted earlier on a WSDL generator question, but I should probably
      just state my ultimate goal.

      I'm very new to VB .NET and have used Perl on unix for many years.
      I'd like to create a Perl SOAP::Lite web service on a Solaris
      machine and a VB.NET client on a Windows XP Pro box. I'm using
      Visual Studio .NET 2003.

      Any adivce, docs, code would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's
      just a "Hello World" example that would suffice.

      Thanks!
      -Mike
    • kedsbarve
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2003
        Hi Michael:

        1. Normal VB client code to access WSDL using SOAP/Lite server on
        Solaris:

        I am using MS Soap toolkit 2.0/3.0

        Download MS Soap toolkit 3.0:
        ------------------------------
        http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C943C0DD-
        CEEC-4088-9753-86F052EC8450&displaylang=en

        or search on MSDN

        =====
        Dim sc, wsdl
        Set sc = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")

        wsdl = "http://10.21.24.28:8000/wsdl/ldapControl.wsdl"
        sc.mssoapinit wsdl

        Dim v

        v = sc.userView("kbarve", "cn,mail")

        MsgBox v

        ======

        2. Using C# (.net)
        -------------------

        . Create a Web Reference to the WSDL URL. Using Visual Studio .NET

        private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
        String str;
        ldapControl x = new WebReference1.ldapControl();
        str = x.userView("user", "attributes");
        Console.WriteLine(str);
        }

        Hope this helps. Also I would recommend using the Altova XMLSpy
        editor, its a good tool or also you can use the .NET WebService
        studio client application (download from: http://www.gotdotnet.com)

        Hope this helps!!!

        Cheers!
        Kedar