Re: [soaplite] XMLRPC autodispatch?

  • Craig Kelley
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
      Hey Paul,

      Thanks for the patch, but all it seems to do is gobble up all my free
      memory and start swapping the system. :) If I comment out the serializer
      line then all is fine, but autodispatch doesn't seem to work. I'm using
      SOAP::Lite 0.50

      Thanks again for this great module!

      -Craig

      On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

      > Hi, Craig!
      >
      > Yes, autodispatch wasn't addressed in the first version (I didn't
      > think anybody will use it for XML-RPC. There is no package/object
      > analogies as far as I can see). I have a patch for it, you may use it
      > and next version will include this functionality:
      >
      > update new() method in XMLRPC::Lite package with:
      >
      > sub new {
      > my $self = shift;
      >
      > unless (ref $self) {
      > my $class = ref($self) || $self;
      > $self = $class->SUPER::new(
      > serializer => XMLRPC::Serializer->new,
      > deserializer => XMLRPC::Deserializer->new,
      > on_action => sub {return},
      > @_
      > );
      > } else {
      > $self->SUPER::new(@_);
      > }
      > return $self;
      > }
      >
      > There is no XMLRPC:: prefix yet (as you have SOAP:: prefix in
      > SOAP::Lite), and it will be included for your convenience in the next
      > version.
      >
      > Hope it helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
      >
      > Best wishes, Paul.
      >
      > --- Craig Kelley <kellcrai@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Can I do autodispatch with XMLRPC? If I attempt to use the same
      > > method
      > > that I use with SOAP::Lite, I always get this error:
      > >
      > > $ ./client.pl
      > > Can't call method "send_receive" on an undefined value at
      > > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 143.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Craig

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
      Craig Kelley -- kellcrai@...
      http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink@... for PGP block
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
        Hi, Craig!

        Hm, that's strange. Only two lines were added:

        } else {
        $self->SUPER::new(@_);

        and this example works for me (with patched version):

        use XMLRPC::Lite +autodispatch =>
        proxy => 'http://soaplite.com/xmlrpc/echo.cgi',
        ;

        print echo('hello!');

        Could something else cause swapping? :))

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/