Re: [soaplite] XMLRPC autodispatch?

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
      Hi, Craig!

      Yes, autodispatch wasn't addressed in the first version (I didn't
      think anybody will use it for XML-RPC. There is no package/object
      analogies as far as I can see). I have a patch for it, you may use it
      and next version will include this functionality:

      update new() method in XMLRPC::Lite package with:

      sub new {
      my $self = shift;

      unless (ref $self) {
      my $class = ref($self) || $self;
      $self = $class->SUPER::new(
      serializer => XMLRPC::Serializer->new,
      deserializer => XMLRPC::Deserializer->new,
      on_action => sub {return},
      @_
      );
      } else {
      $self->SUPER::new(@_);
      }
      return $self;
      }

      There is no XMLRPC:: prefix yet (as you have SOAP:: prefix in
      SOAP::Lite), and it will be included for your convenience in the next
      version.

      Hope it helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Craig Kelley <kellcrai@...> wrote:

      > Can I do autodispatch with XMLRPC? If I attempt to use the same
      > method
      > that I use with SOAP::Lite, I always get this error:
      >
      > $ ./client.pl
      > Can't call method "send_receive" on an undefined value at
      > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 143.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Craig

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Craig Kelley
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
        Hey Paul,

        Thanks for the patch, but all it seems to do is gobble up all my free
        memory and start swapping the system. :) If I comment out the serializer
        line then all is fine, but autodispatch doesn't seem to work. I'm using
        SOAP::Lite 0.50

        Thanks again for this great module!

        -Craig

        On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

        > Hi, Craig!
        >
        > Yes, autodispatch wasn't addressed in the first version (I didn't
        > think anybody will use it for XML-RPC. There is no package/object
        > analogies as far as I can see). I have a patch for it, you may use it
        > and next version will include this functionality:
        >
        > update new() method in XMLRPC::Lite package with:
        >
        > sub new {
        > my $self = shift;
        >
        > unless (ref $self) {
        > my $class = ref($self) || $self;
        > $self = $class->SUPER::new(
        > serializer => XMLRPC::Serializer->new,
        > deserializer => XMLRPC::Deserializer->new,
        > on_action => sub {return},
        > @_
        > );
        > } else {
        > $self->SUPER::new(@_);
        > }
        > return $self;
        > }
        >
        > There is no XMLRPC:: prefix yet (as you have SOAP:: prefix in
        > SOAP::Lite), and it will be included for your convenience in the next
        > version.
        >
        > Hope it helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
        >
        > Best wishes, Paul.
        >
        > --- Craig Kelley <kellcrai@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Can I do autodispatch with XMLRPC? If I attempt to use the same
        > > method
        > > that I use with SOAP::Lite, I always get this error:
        > >
        > > $ ./client.pl
        > > Can't call method "send_receive" on an undefined value at
        > > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 143.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Craig

        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
        Craig Kelley -- kellcrai@...
        http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink@... for PGP block
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
          Hi, Craig!

          Hm, that's strange. Only two lines were added:

          } else {
          $self->SUPER::new(@_);

          and this example works for me (with patched version):

          use XMLRPC::Lite +autodispatch =>
          proxy => 'http://soaplite.com/xmlrpc/echo.cgi',
          ;

          print echo('hello!');

          Could something else cause swapping? :))

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/