Re: [soaplite] OSCON'03

  • Tim Jenness
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27 1:56 PM
      On Mon, 26 May 2003, Alasdair Allan wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > I was wondering how many people on the SOAP::Lite list are going to be
      > attending OSCON'03 (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2003/)?
      >
      > I was thinking that if there was enough interest I might roll up my
      > sleeves and organise a BoF session?
      >
      > What do people think?

      Sounds like a great idea to me.

      --
      Tim Jenness
      JAC software
      Message 2 of 7 , May 27 2:45 PM
        I'll be there. I agree, a BoF would be great.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 28 7:46 AM
          Alasdair,

          I plan to be there on Wednesday and Thursday (9-10). Sounds like a
          great idea to me.

          Best wishes, Paul.

          --- Alasdair Allan <aa@...> wrote:

          > All,
          >
          > I was wondering how many people on the SOAP::Lite list are going to
          > be
          > attending OSCON'03 (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2003/)?
          >
          > I was thinking that if there was enough interest I might roll up my
          >
          > sleeves and organise a BoF session?
          >
          > What do people think?
          >
          > Al.
          > --
          > Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • Alasdair Allan
          Message 4 of 7 , May 28 7:59 AM
            All,

            > > I was wondering how many people on the SOAP::Lite list are going to
            > > be attending OSCON'03 (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2003/)?
            > >
            > > I was thinking that if there was enough interest I might roll up my
            > > sleeves and organise a BoF session?
            > >
            > > What do people think?
            >
            > I plan to be there on Wednesday and Thursday (9-10). Sounds like a
            > great idea to me.

            Right, shall I organise a BoF then? Since it would make sense to have
            Paul there, it either has to be Wednesday or Thursday.

            Are there any preferences as to which day? Paul? Would you be willing
            to give a presentation to kick it off?

            One of the things that I'm really interested in is trying to get
            SOAP::Lite to work with OGSI, which at least in threoy is perfectly
            doable, is there anyone else interested in discussing such things?

            Cheers,
            Al.
            Message 5 of 7 , May 28 9:43 AM
              > Right, shall I organise a BoF then? Since it would make sense to
              Absolutely. Thanks!

              > Are there any preferences as to which day? Paul? Would you be
              I personally prefer Wednesday, but it's not a strong preference.

              > willing to give a presentation to kick it off?
              Yes, but it will be short ;)

              > One of the things that I'm really interested in is trying to get
              > SOAP::Lite to work with OGSI, which at least in threoy is perfectly
              > doable, is there anyone else interested in discussing such things?
              Definitely we can discuss that. We also plan to make few
              announcements. What other topics would people like to discuss?

              http://calendar.yahoo.com
            • Randy J. Ray
              Message 6 of 7 , May 28 11:41 PM
                I'll be there, as well.

                From a "historical" perspective, there is usually some sort of free-food and
                mixer on Wednesday evenings. It usually starts to wind down around nine-ish,
                though, so a later BOF (10, for example) could work. I would recommend
                checking the conference web site to see if they have their tentative schedule
                up yet.

                Randy
                Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

                Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org