trace calling convention docs wrong?

  • kgoess
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23 12:02 PM
      Has anybody else noticed that the docs that say you can do this:

      use SOAP::Lite +trace =>
      method, fault => \&log_methods_and_faults;

      are wrong? It actually has to be this

      use SOAP::Lite +trace =>
      [ method, fault => \&log_methods_and_faults ];

      I just spent an hour beating my head against that one, maybe this will save
      somebody else some work.

      The culprit:
      SOAP::Lite::import line 2666
      my @parameters = UNIVERSAL::isa($_[0] => 'ARRAY') ? @{shift()} : shift

      (it's "@parameters" that gets passed to the Trace->import)
    • ed-soaplite@inkdroid.org
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24 9:06 AM
        On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 05:02:15PM +0000, Duncan Cameron wrote:
        > It's always worth trawling the archives when you have a problem to
        > see whether it's been seen before. The only difficulty is choosing
        > the search words!

        It's always worth updating flawed docmentation as well.
      • Duncan Cameron
        • Duncan Cameron
          Message 4 of 4 , May 24 10:17 AM
            On 2003-05-24 11:06:00 ed-soaplite <ed-soaplite@...> wrote:

            >On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 05:02:15PM +0000, Duncan Cameron wrote:
            >> It's always worth trawling the archives when you have a problem to
            >> see whether it's been seen before. The only difficulty is choosing
            >> the search words!
            >
            >It's always worth updating flawed docmentation as well.

            Absolutely. The problem seems to be that Paul K hasn't the time
            these days.

            Regards
            Duncan