SOAP Lite, LWP and mod_perl

  • Victor Tsang
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2003
      I just ran into a strange problem with SOAP::Lite and LWP. It appears
      to me, for a given mod_perl enabled apache process ,after serving some
      cgi code that make use of SOAP::Lite, any consequence cgi call which
      make use of LWP would find the setting of requests_redirectable being
      ignored, all redirect call will start to be handled internally.

      To demonstrate the problem, I have perpared 2 perl scripts (both are
      attached)

      lwpclient.perl - it use LWP to open the url http://www.yahoo.com.hk
      (which return a 302 to hk.yahoo.com), and print out some info about the
      result of the call

      soapclient.perl - copied this from soaplist document, it use soap to
      call http://www.xmethods.net/sd/StockQuoteService.wsdl and print out the
      stock quote of msft

      To see the problem, copy the script to a mod_perl enabled directory, and
      start apache with httpd -X

      1) call lwpclient.perl
      - which should return the following.

      redirectable :
      result is 302 : 1
      The document has moved here.

      2) next call soapclient.perl
      - you should get a value

      3) last call lwpclient.perl again
      - This time you will get

      redirectable :
      result is 302 :
      (follow with the landing page of hk.yahoo.com)

      In case it is helpful, here's the config of my testing machine.
      Redhat 7.2
      Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)
      mod_perl 1.27
      libwww-5.65