Namespaces

  • John Ralston
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14 6:54 AM
      I'm a newbie to Perl and to SOAP. I'd appreciate someone shedding a little light on namespaces for me. I have a SOAP service, echo.cgi, that dispatches to Echo.pm. Both are located in directory cgi-bin, so http://server/cgi-bin/echo.cgi is a working location for the service address.

      In a SOAP client, I can set ->proxy("http://server/cgi-bin/echo.cgi") and ->uri("Echo") or
      ->uri("urn:Echo") or ->uri("http://server/Echo") and everything works fine. However, if I set
      ->uri("http://server/cgi-bin/Echo"), I get an error "Failed to access class (cgi-bin::Echo) at E:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2101."

      Similarly, in a WSDL file, I can set:

      <service name="Echo">
      <port binding="tns:EchoBinding" name="EchoPort">
      <soap:address location="http://server/cgi-bin/Echo.cgi"/>
      </port>
      </service>

      and and the various namespace entries to "Echo", "urn:Echo", or "http://server/Echo".
      But if I set namespaces = "http://server/cgi-bin/Echo", I get the same error.

      Can anyone clarify for me what is going on.

      tia,
      John
    • alessandro gubbioli -
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14 11:24 AM
        Hi all,
        i have a problem with the object-by-reference feature.
        If i have to call a method without input argument, i use to pass it
        the following structure as input (i'm writing a C++ client):
        <item>
        <id>133342....</id>
        </item>
        and everything works fine.
        Instead, if i have to call a method with input argument, i use to pass
        it the following structure as input:
        <item>
        <id>133342....</id>
        </item>
        <item>
        <name>alex</name>
        <address>.....</address>
        .
        .
        </item>

        But this doesn't works and the server return me:
        "Object with specified id couldn't be found"

        Can anyone help me?
        thanks in advance,
        Alessandro
      • alessandro gubbioli -