Re: [soaplite] SOAP call hanging when called _from_ cgi script

  • Michael Grinnell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2003
      Whoops, forgot to put links in...

      | | "Michael |
      | | Grinnell" |
      | | <mg8981b@american|
      | | .edu> |
      | | |
      | | 05/12/2003 02:10 |
      | | PM |
      | | |
      | |
      | To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com |
      | cc: |
      | Subject: [soaplite] SOAP call hanging when called _from_ cgi script |

      Hello,

      I have a cgi script that I'm writing that needs to call a few soap
      procedures. On my test server, it works fine, but I just moved it over to
      my (soon to be) production server, and the soap calls are hanging. I have
      a command line test script that works just fine from the same server. So
      it seems that there is some sort of interaction within the cgi script that
      is causing it to hang.

      Here is a trace of the cgi without the wsdl:
      use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'all';
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite -> uri('urn:/MARS') ->
      proxy('http://esol.american.edu:8080/soap');
      ====
      <http://esol.american.edu:8080/trace1.txt>

      Here is a trace of the cgi using a wsdl:
      use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'all';
      my $soap =
      SOAP::Lite->service('http://esol.american.edu:8080/wsdl/MARS.wsdl');
      ====
      <http://esol.american.edu:8080/trace2.txt>

      And here is a trace of the command line client:
      use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'all';
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://esol.american.edu:8080/wsdl/MARS.wsdl')
      ;
      my $Response = $soap->LeaseGetMACAddr(@vars);
      ====
      <http://esol.american.edu:8080/trace3.txt> Big

      As you can see, when called from the cgi, it hangs during or right after
      the call to SOAP::Parser::decode, before it gets to SOAP::SOM::new

      I'm not that familiar with the module internals, so I'm hoping somebody can
      give me some ideas.

      TIA

      Michael Grinnell
      Network Security Analyst