possible bug - soap::lite sending attachment

  • diane7b
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2003
      Hello,
      I was successful in sending an attachment from a perl soap::lite
      client to an apache soap server. Though when attempting to RECEIVE an
      attachment FROM apache soap TO a perl soap::lite client I get an
      error:

      Unresolved (wrong?) href (30611545.1052411019809.apache-soap.myhost)
      in element 'tabDelimitedData'
      Connection:close...

      tabDelimitedData is the pointer to my attachment

      The Content-ID that is supposed to match the href actually does match
      and corresponds in format to an example I found online. The
      Content-ID
      string IS enclosed by angle brackets <> as I have seen in other
      examples. According to all I have read, it looked to me like
      everything was ok in my message.

      So I looked into the SOAP::Lite modules to find out where this error
      is being generated. It looks like it is generated in the decode_value
      subroutine of the SOAP::Deserializer..Going through debugging, it
      looks like in my case these two values are being compared:
      a) 30611545.1052411019809.apache-soap.myhost
      b) 30611545.1052411019809.apache-soap.myhost>

      Since they don't match because of the trailing angle bracket the
      error
      is generated.It looks like the ending brace is not being removed
      before comparing.
      So I tried adding one line of code (the one below that is commented
      out) in mimedecode (of SOAP::Deserializer) as follows to get rid of
      the trailing bracket and EVERYTHING worked (no error!):

      sub mimedecode {
      my $self = shift->new;

      my $body;
      foreach ($self->mimeparser->decode($_[0])) {
      my($id, $location, $type, $value) = @$_;

      My question: is this really a bug or is there some workaround? If it
      is a bug, is this a way to fix it and will it be fixed in a
      downloadable version?

      Thanks, Diane
    • diane7b