Re: Make proper WSDL out of SOAP::Lite mods

  • kedsbarve
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 8:53 AM
      Use WSDL::Generator perl module which is available on CPAN. It does a
      decent job of creating a WSDL out of your perl modules. But it is
      still not the perfect solution, you have to make changes by hand to
      get it working.

      cheers!
      kedar

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Andre Bonhote <andre@b...> wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > Is there a way to build (maybe by hand, but how?) proper, working
      WSDL
      > code out of a SOAP::Lite server? In other words: How do you build
      your
      > WSDL code? The thing is that the clients are going to be coded using
      > axis/java, and the data structures given back by the SOAP::Lite
      server
      > are quite complex (nested arrays and such).
      >
      > Is there a kind of HOWTO on this topic?
      >
      > TIA
      >
      > André
      > --
      > Hope is a waking dream.
      > -- Aristotle
    • Andre Bonhote
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6 9:06 AM
        On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:53:39PM -0000, kedsbarve wrote:

        > Use WSDL::Generator perl module which is available on CPAN. It does a
        > decent job of creating a WSDL out of your perl modules. But it is
        > still not the perfect solution, you have to make changes by hand to
        > get it working.

        Oh, I forgot: I _tried_ WSDL::Generator, but it does not work for me. I
        didn't try to change the WSDL::Generator code yet.

        The error it's casting is

        Can't call method "dataof" on an undefined value at Img.pm line 37.

        The thing is that I am using named parameters. An input XML snipped
        might look like that:

        <namesp1:get_link_status>
        <shared_secret xsi:type="xsd:string">qwer43888alkn3n</shared_secret>
        <link_id xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[2]">
        <item xsi:type="xsd:string">CH_GVA_ZRH</item>
        <item xsi:type="xsd:string">CH_BSL_GVA</item>
        </link_id>
        </namesp1:get_link_status>

        The response is

        <namesp1:get_link_statusResponse>
        <error_code xsi:type="xsd:int">0</error_code>
        <link_states SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:ur-type[4]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array">
        <item href="#ref-142848376" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[2]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array"/>
        <item xsi:type="xsd:int">-1</item>
        <item href="#ref-142848376" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[2]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array"/>
        <item xsi:type="xsd:int">-1</item>
        </link_states>
        </namesp1:get_link_statusResponse>

        (well, the values inside (#ref-xxx) are wrong currently, but I am
        working on it)

        so all params are _named_, I retrieve the values in perl extracting them
        from the envelope. The client developers (my perl client is only for my
        development) use AXIS, and this seems to have problems with named params
        when no wsdl is around.

        TIA

        André

        --
        Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values that shuts
        down the system for days.