Make proper WSDL out of SOAP::Lite mods

  • Andre Bonhote
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2003
      Hi!

      Is there a way to build (maybe by hand, but how?) proper, working WSDL
      code out of a SOAP::Lite server? In other words: How do you build your
      WSDL code? The thing is that the clients are going to be coded using
      axis/java, and the data structures given back by the SOAP::Lite server
      are quite complex (nested arrays and such).

      Is there a kind of HOWTO on this topic?

      TIA

      André
      --
      Hope is a waking dream.
      -- Aristotle
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2003
        Use WSDL::Generator perl module which is available on CPAN. It does a
        decent job of creating a WSDL out of your perl modules. But it is
        still not the perfect solution, you have to make changes by hand to
        get it working.

        cheers!
        kedar

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Andre Bonhote <andre@b...> wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > Is there a way to build (maybe by hand, but how?) proper, working
        WSDL
        > code out of a SOAP::Lite server? In other words: How do you build
        your
        > WSDL code? The thing is that the clients are going to be coded using
        > axis/java, and the data structures given back by the SOAP::Lite
        server
        > are quite complex (nested arrays and such).
        >
        > Is there a kind of HOWTO on this topic?
        >
        > TIA
        >
        > André
        > --
        > Hope is a waking dream.
        > -- Aristotle
      • Andre Bonhote
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2003
          On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:53:39PM -0000, kedsbarve wrote:

          > Use WSDL::Generator perl module which is available on CPAN. It does a
          > decent job of creating a WSDL out of your perl modules. But it is
          > still not the perfect solution, you have to make changes by hand to
          > get it working.

          Oh, I forgot: I _tried_ WSDL::Generator, but it does not work for me. I
          didn't try to change the WSDL::Generator code yet.

          The error it's casting is

          Can't call method "dataof" on an undefined value at Img.pm line 37.

          The thing is that I am using named parameters. An input XML snipped
          might look like that:

          <namesp1:get_link_status>
          <shared_secret xsi:type="xsd:string">qwer43888alkn3n</shared_secret>
          <link_id xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[2]">
          <item xsi:type="xsd:string">CH_GVA_ZRH</item>
          <item xsi:type="xsd:string">CH_BSL_GVA</item>
          </link_id>
          </namesp1:get_link_status>

          The response is

          <namesp1:get_link_statusResponse>
          <error_code xsi:type="xsd:int">0</error_code>
          <link_states SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:ur-type[4]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array">
          <item href="#ref-142848376" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[2]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array"/>
          <item xsi:type="xsd:int">-1</item>
          <item href="#ref-142848376" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[2]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array"/>
          <item xsi:type="xsd:int">-1</item>
          </link_states>
          </namesp1:get_link_statusResponse>

          (well, the values inside (#ref-xxx) are wrong currently, but I am
          working on it)

          so all params are _named_, I retrieve the values in perl extracting them
          from the envelope. The client developers (my perl client is only for my
          development) use AXIS, and this seems to have problems with named params
          when no wsdl is around.

          TIA

          André

          --
          Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values that shuts
          down the system for days.