Problem with XMLRPC::Lite client on Linux with Content-length more than 4096

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Hi -

      I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to help
      diagnose a problem I am having with XML-RPC responses having Content-
      length more than 4096. Here is what I am seeing:

      - Talking to an XML-RPC server written in C++, running on Red Hat
      Linux 7.2.

      - XMLRPCsh.pl on Windows 2000 talking to that server works fine no
      matter what size the response. (ActivePerl 5.6.1, SOAP::Lite 0.55)

      - A C++ client on the Linux box works fine no matter what size the
      response.

      - XMLRPCsh.pl on the Linux box works fine for "Content-length: 4096"
      or smaller, BUT if Content-length: 4097 or larger it just hangs.
      (Note that I'm talking about the length of the content only, not the
      length of the whole response, so 4096 bytes of content plus the
      length of the response headers works, but 4097 or more bytes of
      content doesn't.) I'm pretty sure the connection between client
      and server is maintained the whole time, since if I "Ctrl-C" out of
      the client then the server immediate logs that it lost the
      connection. (Perl 5.6.1, SOAP::Lite 0.55)

      Does anyone have ideas on how to track this down?

      Any help appreciated!
      Thanks!
      Larry Leszczynski