Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [soaplite] Problems with use

Expand Messages
  • Andre Bonhote
    Hi Quinn Thanks for your response. ... Ok, what I did now is write this into my .htaccess: PerlRequire Image/Magick.pm According to mod_perl(1) this should
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Quinn

      Thanks for your response.

      On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:04:27PM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
      > > Now, with "use RRDs" commented out, the client works fine and returns a
      > > big @INC. As soon as I uncomment this line, the client complains with
      > > "Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC" (with +trace => qw(debug);)

      > Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or
      > via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don't if this is a DynaLoader
      > problem, but I've seen it before, and this approach fixed it for me.

      Ok, what I did now is write this into my .htaccess:

      PerlRequire Image/Magick.pm

      According to mod_perl(1) this should load the file from within @INC.
      Apache does not complain, so I suppose it gets loaded.

      Am I completely wrong when I think that when this is done, I don't need
      to do "use Image::Magick;" again inside my module? Well, anyway, I
      commented it out and tried to access some Magick-functions, without
      success. After that, I removed the comment and found the same error
      message (can't locate module ...).

      I am quite stuck here ... any hints?

      Thanks a lot in advance!

      André

      --
      Hope is a waking dream.
      -- Aristotle
    • Andre Bonhote
      Chris, SOAP::Lite-List On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:28:24AM +0100, chris@prather.org wrote: [lots of helpful information about PerlRequire snipped] Thanks for
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        Chris, SOAP::Lite-List

        On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:28:24AM +0100, chris@... wrote:

        [lots of helpful information about PerlRequire snipped]

        Thanks for your kind help. While typing a response with detailed
        information, I found the problem. And, as very often, it lies much
        closer than one might think.

        The solution was dead simple: rename my module. It was called
        "Image.pm", now it's different. Obviously Perl thought, Image::Magick
        should sit within the current directory, and, of course, it was not.

        It's all my fault, sorry again! But anyway, I learned a lot (and still
        do) reading this list.

        So, it works now, the next step will be to create a WSDL out of my
        module ... *oerks*

        Thanks again!

        Cheers

        André



        --
        Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
        Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.