Re: [soaplite] Problems with use

  • Quinn Weaver
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2003
      Andre Bonhote wrote:

      > The second, ATM more important problem is the one with @INC. I have a
      > very very small test server script running under mod_perl. The .htaccess
      > file looks like that:

      > [...]

      > Now, with "use RRDs" commented out, the client works fine and returns a
      > big @INC. As soon as I uncomment this line, the client complains with
      > "Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC" (with +trace => qw(debug);)

      Hi, Andre,

      Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or
      via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don't if this is a DynaLoader
      problem, but I've seen it before, and this approach fixed it for me.
    • Andre Bonhote
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
        Hi Quinn

        Thanks for your response.

        On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:04:27PM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
        > > Now, with "use RRDs" commented out, the client works fine and returns a
        > > big @INC. As soon as I uncomment this line, the client complains with
        > > "Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC" (with +trace => qw(debug);)

        > Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or
        > via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don't if this is a DynaLoader
        > problem, but I've seen it before, and this approach fixed it for me.

        Ok, what I did now is write this into my .htaccess:

        PerlRequire Image/Magick.pm

        According to mod_perl(1) this should load the file from within @INC.
        Apache does not complain, so I suppose it gets loaded.

        Am I completely wrong when I think that when this is done, I don't need
        to do "use Image::Magick;" again inside my module? Well, anyway, I
        commented it out and tried to access some Magick-functions, without
        success. After that, I removed the comment and found the same error
        message (can't locate module ...).

        I am quite stuck here ... any hints?

        Thanks a lot in advance!

        André

        --
        Hope is a waking dream.
        -- Aristotle
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
          Chris, SOAP::Lite-List

          On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:28:24AM +0100, chris@... wrote:

          [lots of helpful information about PerlRequire snipped]

          Thanks for your kind help. While typing a response with detailed
          information, I found the problem. And, as very often, it lies much
          closer than one might think.

          The solution was dead simple: rename my module. It was called
          "Image.pm", now it's different. Obviously Perl thought, Image::Magick
          should sit within the current directory, and, of course, it was not.

          It's all my fault, sorry again! But anyway, I learned a lot (and still
          do) reading this list.

          So, it works now, the next step will be to create a WSDL out of my
          module ... *oerks*

          Thanks again!

          Cheers

          André

          --
          Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
          Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.