Re: [soaplite] Problems with use
- Oh, I forgot:
It's a RedHat 8.0 (server and client) and perl says
# perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
SOAP::Lite is version 0.55:
# grep '\$Id' Lite.pm
# $Id: Lite.pm,v 1.47 2002/04/15 16:17:38 paulk Exp $
- Andre Bonhote wrote:
> The second, ATM more important problem is the one with @INC. I have aHi, Andre,
> very very small test server script running under mod_perl. The .htaccess
> file looks like that:
> Now, with "use RRDs" commented out, the client works fine and returns a
> big @INC. As soon as I uncomment this line, the client complains with
> "Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC" (with +trace => qw(debug);)
Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or
via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don't if this is a DynaLoader
problem, but I've seen it before, and this approach fixed it for me.
- Hi Quinn
Thanks for your response.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:04:27PM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
> > Now, with "use RRDs" commented out, the client works fine and returns a
> > big @INC. As soon as I uncomment this line, the client complains with
> > "Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC" (with +trace => qw(debug);)
> Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or
> via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don't if this is a DynaLoader
> problem, but I've seen it before, and this approach fixed it for me.
Ok, what I did now is write this into my .htaccess:
According to mod_perl(1) this should load the file from within @INC.
Apache does not complain, so I suppose it gets loaded.
Am I completely wrong when I think that when this is done, I don't need
to do "use Image::Magick;" again inside my module? Well, anyway, I
commented it out and tried to access some Magick-functions, without
success. After that, I removed the comment and found the same error
message (can't locate module ...).
I am quite stuck here ... any hints?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Hope is a waking dream.
- Chris, SOAP::Lite-List
On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:28:24AM +0100, chris@... wrote:
[lots of helpful information about PerlRequire snipped]
Thanks for your kind help. While typing a response with detailed
information, I found the problem. And, as very often, it lies much
closer than one might think.
The solution was dead simple: rename my module. It was called
"Image.pm", now it's different. Obviously Perl thought, Image::Magick
should sit within the current directory, and, of course, it was not.
It's all my fault, sorry again! But anyway, I learned a lot (and still
do) reading this list.
So, it works now, the next step will be to create a WSDL out of my
module ... *oerks*
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.