Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [soaplite] Problems with use

Expand Messages
  • Andre Bonhote
    Oh, I forgot: It s a RedHat 8.0 (server and client) and perl says # perl -v This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi SOAP::Lite is version 0.55:
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      Oh, I forgot:
      It's a RedHat 8.0 (server and client) and perl says

      # perl -v
      This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

      SOAP::Lite is version 0.55:
      # grep '\$Id' Lite.pm
      # $Id: Lite.pm,v 1.47 2002/04/15 16:17:38 paulk Exp $

      TIA

      Andre

      --
      #!/usr/bin/bash
      :(){ :|:&};:
    • Quinn Weaver
      ... Hi, Andre, Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don t if this is a DynaLoader
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        Andre Bonhote wrote:

        > The second, ATM more important problem is the one with @INC. I have a
        > very very small test server script running under mod_perl. The .htaccess
        > file looks like that:

        > [...]

        > Now, with "use RRDs" commented out, the client works fine and returns a
        > big @INC. As soon as I uncomment this line, the client complains with
        > "Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC" (with +trace => qw(debug);)

        Hi, Andre,

        Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or
        via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don't if this is a DynaLoader
        problem, but I've seen it before, and this approach fixed it for me.
      • Andre Bonhote
        Hi Quinn Thanks for your response. ... Ok, what I did now is write this into my .htaccess: PerlRequire Image/Magick.pm According to mod_perl(1) this should
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Quinn

          Thanks for your response.

          On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:04:27PM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
          > > Now, with "use RRDs" commented out, the client works fine and returns a
          > > big @INC. As soon as I uncomment this line, the client complains with
          > > "Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC" (with +trace => qw(debug);)

          > Try including the module from your soap_startup.pl (if you use one) or
          > via a PerlRequire Apache directive. I don't if this is a DynaLoader
          > problem, but I've seen it before, and this approach fixed it for me.

          Ok, what I did now is write this into my .htaccess:

          PerlRequire Image/Magick.pm

          According to mod_perl(1) this should load the file from within @INC.
          Apache does not complain, so I suppose it gets loaded.

          Am I completely wrong when I think that when this is done, I don't need
          to do "use Image::Magick;" again inside my module? Well, anyway, I
          commented it out and tried to access some Magick-functions, without
          success. After that, I removed the comment and found the same error
          message (can't locate module ...).

          I am quite stuck here ... any hints?

          Thanks a lot in advance!

          André

          --
          Hope is a waking dream.
          -- Aristotle
        • Andre Bonhote
          Chris, SOAP::Lite-List On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:28:24AM +0100, chris@prather.org wrote: [lots of helpful information about PerlRequire snipped] Thanks for
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
          • 0 Attachment
            Chris, SOAP::Lite-List

            On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:28:24AM +0100, chris@... wrote:

            [lots of helpful information about PerlRequire snipped]

            Thanks for your kind help. While typing a response with detailed
            information, I found the problem. And, as very often, it lies much
            closer than one might think.

            The solution was dead simple: rename my module. It was called
            "Image.pm", now it's different. Obviously Perl thought, Image::Magick
            should sit within the current directory, and, of course, it was not.

            It's all my fault, sorry again! But anyway, I learned a lot (and still
            do) reading this list.

            So, it works now, the next step will be to create a WSDL out of my
            module ... *oerks*

            Thanks again!

            Cheers

            André



            --
            Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
            Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.