Daemon server, permission problem.

  • gromblek
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15 7:18 AM
      I get "Can't create daemon: Permission denied" when
      starting a SOAP Daemon Server as anybody except root.
      Do I need to be root to start the daemon?

      /Jonas
    • John Cowan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15 7:27 AM
        gromblek scripsit:
        > I get "Can't create daemon: Permission denied" when
        > starting a SOAP Daemon Server as anybody except root.
        > Do I need to be root to start the daemon?

        You probably need to set the port to a value greater than 1024, as Unix
        will not let anybody but root open the low-numbered ports.

        --
        We call nothing profound jcowan@...
        that is not wittily expressed. John Cowan