Re: [soaplite] Dynamic dispatched: How to relaunch modified modules ?

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2003
      On 2003-04-09 Frank-Peter Reich wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      >our soap server is working with dynamic dispatch mode:
      >
      >.. . .
      >my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      > -> new (LocalPort => $port)
      > -> dispatch_to($path);
      >$daemon->handle;
      >.. . .
      >
      >New modules are added without altering the server, but modified
      >modules are not affected.
      >How are this modules to relaunch ?

      Do you mean "How can make my SOAP server use a new version of a module
      that has already been invoked while the server is still running?"

      I'm not sure that you can. SOAP::Lite just does a 'require' of the class
      name. If the class has already been loaded then nothing happens - that is
      a Perl thing rather than SOAP::Lite. You might be able to force a module
      to be reloaded by removing its entry from the %INC hash.

      Regards,
      Duncan