Dynamic dispatched: How to relaunch modified modules ?

  • Frank-Peter Reich
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 7:59 AM
      Hello,

      our soap server is working with dynamic dispatch mode:

      . . .
      -> new (LocalPort => $port)
      -> dispatch_to($path);
      $daemon->handle;
      . . .

      New modules are added without altering the server, but modified
      modules are not affected.
      How are this modules to relaunch ?

      Thanks in advance

      Frank-Peter
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 2:54 AM
        On 2003-04-09 Frank-Peter Reich wrote:
        >Hello,
        >
        >our soap server is working with dynamic dispatch mode:
        >
        >.. . .
        >my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
        > -> new (LocalPort => $port)
        > -> dispatch_to($path);
        >$daemon->handle;
        >.. . .
        >
        >New modules are added without altering the server, but modified
        >modules are not affected.
        >How are this modules to relaunch ?

        Do you mean "How can make my SOAP server use a new version of a module
        that has already been invoked while the server is still running?"

        I'm not sure that you can. SOAP::Lite just does a 'require' of the class
        name. If the class has already been loaded then nothing happens - that is
        a Perl thing rather than SOAP::Lite. You might be able to force a module
        to be reloaded by removing its entry from the %INC hash.

        Regards,
        Duncan