Dynamic dispatched: How to relaunch modified modules ?

  • Frank-Peter Reich
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 7:59 AM
      Hello,

      our soap server is working with dynamic dispatch mode:

      . . .
      -> new (LocalPort => $port)
      -> dispatch_to($path);
      $daemon->handle;
      . . .

      New modules are added without altering the server, but modified
      modules are not affected.
      How are this modules to relaunch ?

      Thanks in advance

      Frank-Peter
    • Frank-Peter Reich

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10 2:54 AM
          On 2003-04-09 Frank-Peter Reich wrote:
          >Hello,
          >
          >our soap server is working with dynamic dispatch mode:
          >
          >.. . .
          >my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
          > -> new (LocalPort => $port)
          > -> dispatch_to($path);
          >$daemon->handle;
          >.. . .
          >
          >New modules are added without altering the server, but modified
          >modules are not affected.
          >How are this modules to relaunch ?

          Do you mean "How can make my SOAP server use a new version of a module
          that has already been invoked while the server is still running?"

          I'm not sure that you can. SOAP::Lite just does a 'require' of the class
          name. If the class has already been loaded then nothing happens - that is
          a Perl thing rather than SOAP::Lite. You might be able to force a module
          to be reloaded by removing its entry from the %INC hash.

          Regards,
          Duncan