Exceptions (OOB information)

  • Craig Kelley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2001
      Hello, I'm pretty new to SOAP but I really like it. Everything is working
      peachy, and I was wondering what the generally accepted method for
      returning exceptions is:

      sub foo {

      # work

      if (error) { # OOOPS

      return (undef, "error message");

      }

      return $someDefinedValue; # OK

      }

      I was thinking about using the above, but someone else must have done this
      before, so I thought I'd ask.

      Sorry if I've missed something totally obvious.

      -Craig

      --
      Craig Kelley -- kellcrai@...
      http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink@... for PGP block
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2001
        Hi, Craig!

        Easiest way is just die :))

        sub foo {

        # work

        if (error) { # OOOPS

        die "error message";

        }

        return $someDefinedValue; # OK

        }

        For better control you may use SOAP::Fault with the same syntax:

        die SOAP::Fault->faulcode(..)->faultstring(...);

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/