Debug info on Unexpected Content-Type text/html

  • jeroensoap
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi y'all,

      I wrote a soap client accessing a .NET based soap service.
      The funny (or more likely: annoying) thing is that the error handling
      of the service is poor in such a way that whenever the data (not the
      format) is in error, no soaped error message is return but the
      service just fails. This results then in the error:

      <some header stuff>...

      <HTML></HTML>
      Unexpected Content-Type 'text/html' returned

      In order to code sound error handling I'd like to read what the
      service is actually returning.

      The question is: How to access the html content that is returned?
      And, is there a way to read it for debugging purposes?

      Thanks in advance
      Jeroen
    • Sadanand Kalasabail
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2003
        Hi,

        I noticed that the same problem too. Accessing a .Net
        service from soaplite on linux but, the WSDL soap
        action was https: and i called the service as http:
        then I am getting this error message.
        > <HTML></HTML>
        > Unexpected Content-Type 'text/html' returned

        If I call service as https: it is failing with

        Can't call method "name" on an undefined value at
        /usr/lib/perl/../Lite.pm line 2386.

        Can some one tell me what is generating this error
        message.

        Regards

        sade

        http://tax.yahoo.com