Re: Alternative to WSDL::Generator.pm

  • kedsbarve
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hey Pierre:

      Thanks for the reply!! This generator module is indeed a nice step in
      the right direction for Perl mongers like us :-)

      As you said below, regarding the UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD, I am using Perl
      5.6.1 (AIX 4.3) not 5.8 to generate the wsdl, will that make any
      difference??

      I did follow the instructions as per the how-to file to generate the
      wsdl. (Maybe you can make it a little bit more elaborate with some
      more details!! :-)

      with regards to what part of wsdl I modified to get it working:

      For instance, following things were missing. I had to modify it a
      bit, to get it working for the perl soap::lite client.

      <soap:binding style="document"

      ####
      <operation name="HelloWorld">
      <soap:operation style="document"
      soapAction="http://10.21.24.28:8000/parseHtml#HelloWorld"/>

      *** the 'soapAction' was blank here. I had to add it by hand ***
      <input>

      <soap:body use="literal"
      namespace="http://10.21.24.28:8000/parseHtml"/>
      </input>
      <output>
      <soap:body use="literal"
      namespace="http://10.21.24.28:8000/parseHtml"/>
      </output>

      *** the 'namespace' was missing in the wsdl. I had to add it by hand
      ****

      ####

      Once I modified it, the soap/lite client had no issues.

      few more questions!!

      I have 5 subroutines in my .pm file with different parameter sets.

      For eg: (my wsdl creation script as per the how-to document)

      use WSDL::Generator;

      my $init = {
      'schema_namesp'
      => 'http://10.21.24.28:8000/parseHtml.xsd',
      'services' => 'HtmlServices',
      'service_name' => 'parseHtml',
      'target_namesp'
      => 'http://10.21.24.28:8000/parseHtml',
      'documentation' => 'Web services module',
      'location'
      => 'http://10.21.24.28:8000/webperl/beta/htmlserv.pl'
      };

      my $w = WSDL::Generator->new($init);
      parseHtml->HelloWorld("param1", "param2"....)
      parseHtml->parseURL("param1", "param2", "param3"...)
      #..etc

      print $w->get(parseHtml);

      exit;
      --------------------

      -- Do I need to specify the "params" while generating the wsdl,
      because what I observed is that it didn't make any difference in the
      wsdl created even if I had omitted the params. Soap/Lite is pretty
      understanding and it gets the job done well.
      But not the same results with other client toolkits like: pocketSoap,
      MS SOAP toolkits 2.0/3.0, XMLSPY 5.

      -- I keep getting errors like "Failed to access class (parseHtml.xsd)
      at /opt/freeware/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm

      line 2100" when i access this wsdl from a non-soap/lite client. Any
      idea??

      -- One of my subroutine above has 5 parameters. But when I access it
      from xmlspy/ms-soap toolkits etc I don't see the correct

      params. It shows by default only 1 parameter and not the actual 5.
      ANy idea whuch such a behaviour and how to fix this?

      Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!!

      Cheers!
      kedar

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Pierre Denis" <pdenis@f...> wrote:

      > > Do you have any pointers/leads on ways on howto break thru it!!
      And
      > > moreover there is no sufficient documentation on the
      wsdl::generator.
      > > ANy ideas would be appreciated in this regard??
      >
      > Hi Kedar,
      >
      > I have had several requests concerning how to use WSDL::Generator,
      so there
      > is a How-To document embedded in the distribution. It is not very
      obvious,
      > I'll make it more visible next release. I hope it makes
      WSDL::Generator