Array of complex type missing namespace

  • fkamogee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2003
      Hello,
      I've been at this for quite some time and cannot get it to work, nor
      can I find a solution in any docs or in this list.

      I have a complex type called Group, which belongs to the namespace
      urn:metadata.beans.soapapi.amicillc.com.

      I'm trying to pass an array of Group's as an in parameter to a SOAP
      method. I've had success in passing (1) an array of strings, (2) a
      single Group, and even (3) a Group which contains an array of Group's
      as one of its elements. There is only a problem when the parameter
      itself is an array of Group's.

      As you can see in the request envelope below, the array element
      specifies 'SOAP-ENC:arrayType="mdb:Group[2]"', but is missing a needed
      'xmlns:mdb="urn:metadata.beans.soapapi.amicillc.com"'. As such, the
      server (Apache Axis 1.0) throws org.xml.sax.SAXException: No
      deserializer defined for array type Group.

      An Axis client DOES define that namespace there, and it works.
      How can I get SOAP::Lite to do it?

      Thanks,
      Paul Mogren

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp4:extractNames xmlns:namesp4="urn:Example">
      <SOAP-ENC:Array SOAP-ENC:arrayType="mdb:Group[2]"
      xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array">
      <item
      xmlns:mdb="urn:metadata.beans.soapapi.amicillc.com"
      xmlns:svc="urn:Example" xsi:type="mdb:Group">
      <values xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
      <subgroups xsi:nil="true"
      xsi:type="svc:ArrayOf_tns3_Group"/>
      <id xsi:type="xsd:long">5</id>
      <repeatable xsi:type="xsd:boolean">0</repeatable>
      <name xsi:type="xsd:string">Group5</name>
      </item>
      <item
      xmlns:mdb="urn:metadata.beans.soapapi.amicillc.com"
      xmlns:svc="urn:Example" xsi:type="mdb:Group">
      <values xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
      <subgroups xsi:nil="true"
      xsi:type="svc:ArrayOf_tns3_Group"/>
      <id xsi:type="xsd:long">6</id>
      <repeatable xsi:type="xsd:boolean">0</repeatable>
      <name xsi:type="xsd:string">Group6</name>
      </item>
      </SOAP-ENC:Array>
      </namesp4:extractNames>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>