Maybe i'm an idiot

  • pyckle2k2
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20 8:20 AM
      The code below is my client. All i want to do is pass the variable to
      the server then have the server write the variable to a table in a
      mysql database. FOR THE LIFE of me i can't get it to work. I usually
      work with PHP but the boss said i should use PERL for this project. I
      have read and read the docs and websites but i can't get this simple
      little project to work. ANY help is MUCH appreciated.

      #!/usr/bin/perl

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';
      my $SIGN = 'Death';
      my $retard = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://localhost/jason')
      -> proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi(SOAP::Data->name("sign" => $SIGN));

      print $retard->result;

      server########################
      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use DBI();
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('jason')
      -> handle;

      package jason;

      my $som = $soap->hi(SOAP::Data->name("sign" => $SIGN));

      my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=test;host=localhost",
      "root", "",
      {'RaiseError' => 1});

      eval { $dbh->do("DROP TABLE foo") };
      print "Dropping foo failed: $@\n" if $@;

      $dbh->do("CREATE TABLE foo (id INTEGER, name VARCHAR(255))");

      $dbh->do("INSERT INTO foo VALUES (1,'$som')");

      $dbh->disconnect();
    • Dan Muey
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20 8:33 AM
        No you're not an idiot!

        > The code below is my client. All i want to do is pass the
        > variable to the server then have the server write the
        > variable to a table in a mysql database. FOR THE LIFE of me i
        > can't get it to work. I usually work with PHP but the boss
        > said i should use PERL for this project. I have read and read
        Good for you. I'm always glad to see the php and perl communities being friendly!

        > the docs and websites but i can't get this simple little
        > project to work. ANY help is MUCH appreciated.
        >

        > #!/usr/bin/perl
        >
        > use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';
        > my $SIGN = 'Death';
        > my $retard = SOAP::Lite
        > -> uri('http://localhost/jason')
        > -> proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/hibye.cgi')
        > -> hi(SOAP::Data->name("sign" => $SIGN));
        >
        > print $retard->result;
        >

        > server########################
        > #!/usr/bin/perl
        > use DBI();
        > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
        > -> dispatch_to('jason')
        > -> handle;
        >
        > package jason;

        Just at a glance I think you have to do it with a subroutine in the server. IE

        package jason;

        sub hi {
        my $som ....
        $dbh->disconnect();