MS Soap client 2.0/3.0 and WSDL errors!!

  • kedsbarve
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2003
      all:

      I am having problems connecting to a wsdl service from VB using MS
      Soapclient 2.0/3.0.

      The wsdl was created using the WSDL::Generator perl module and the
      SOAP server is SOAP::Lite using Apache on AIX.

      It works great when I make a connection to this wsdl from a perl soap
      client using soap/lite. But when I use the MS Soap toolkit, I get the
      following errors:

      "SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if present (got
      'http://<server>/parseHtml#HelloWorld' expected
      'http://<server>/parseHtml.xsd#HelloWorldRequest'"

      Looks like this error is been spit out from the SOAP/Lite server. I
      read somewhere that I need to specify a SOAPAction propety in the VB
      code. Is it correct?? If yes, how to do it?

      Should I use High-level APIs or Low-level APIs for MS Soap client
      toolkit on VB?? I think so I am currently using the high-level apis
      as this sample code is taken from the sample scripts provided in the
      toolkit.

      vb code snippet:
      -------------
      Dim sc
      Set sc = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
      sc.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True

      wsdl = "http://<server>:8000/webperl/parseHtml.wsdl"
      sc.mssoapinit wsdl
      MsgBox sc.HelloWorld("")

      Has anybody faced such a problem before?? Any pointers will be really
      appreciated.

      Thanks in advance!!!

      Cheers!
      kedar