Re: [soaplite] Can you use more than one transport method in a server.

  • Randy J. Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2003
      On 2003.03.18 11:42 yudansha1 wrote:
      > I'm trying to add some redundancy to an application and want my
      > server-side application to accept http, ftp, and smtp requests. Can I
      > do this in one application or should I have 3 different listeners that
      > all call the same code?

      For now, you would be best off to write the core code as a module, and write
      the three listeners as separate applications. Some of the transport server
      classes go into standard select/accept loops (in which they poll the socket
      for pending connections, essentially looping infinately until interrupted),
      others expect to be called explicitly for each connection. In the HTTP arena,
      for example, SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon loops while
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI is called on a per-request basis.

      If you are using a threaded Perl (5.8.0 or later), you could also do this with
      separate threads.

      Randy
      --
      rjray@... http://www.rjray.org http://www.svsm.org

      Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
      to include uce@... and report@...