HTTP Transport problem

  • Jason Yates
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2003
      I'm using the SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon module for creating a web
      server to accept SOAP calls. I wanted to the make the web server faster
      by making it adaptive and preforking.

      My daemon works very similar. Normally you would have something like
      this.

      my $c = $d->accept;
      syswrite(CHILD_WRITE, "$$ busy\n");
      $c->get_request();

      The problem I'm having is SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon handle()
      function takes care of the accept() and get_request() for you.
      Therefore, I can't let the parent know a child is currently busy, which
      would allow the parent to spawn a child processes if necessary.

      Anyone have any ideas on how I could do this?
      --
      Jason Yates <jaywhy2@...>