SOAP version

  • psini61
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2003
      Hi,
      I'm completely new to SOAP::Lite and to soap in general, so please
      forgive me for a (probably) very stupid question:

      I read on soaplite.com that version 0.55 has support for SOAP 1.2 but
      the included documentation says "This version of SOAP::Lite supports
      the SOAP 1.1 specification ( http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP )".

      I need writing a soap client meeting soap 1.2 specification by I
      don't know how to...

      Thanks in advance for any feedback

      ____________PS
    • Sadanand Kalasabail
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2003
        > I need writing a soap client meeting soap 1.2
        > specification by I
        > don't know how to...

        HOW TO WHAT???

        See the soaplite cook book this has quite a few
        examples and would also help you to try out some
        of those examples.

        Regards
        Sade

        > Thanks in advance for any feedback

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Paolo Sinigaglia
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2003
          > > I need writing a soap client meeting soap 1.2
          > > specification by I
          > > don't know how to...
          >
          > HOW TO WHAT???

          I didn't know how to tell SOAP::Lite to use soap 1.2 specifications (instead
          of 1.1, default), but somebody told me that there is an undocumented
          soapversion() method to do so.

          Greetings
          _____________ Paolo Sinigaglia

          sini@...
          psinigaglia@...
        • Paolo Sinigaglia
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2003
            There's a couple of things I don't understand: I write a client using the
            following:

            cut ------------------------------------------------------
            #! /usr/bin/perl -w

            use SOAP::Lite (+trace=>"all", maptype => {}, autotype=>0,
            soapversion=>'1.2', xmlschema=>'2001', envprefix=>'soap');

            my $soap = SOAP::Lite
            ->
            uri('http://collaudo.qalibiz.com/cribisitws/2003/02/28/Authentication')
            -> on_action( sub{ join '#',
            'http://collaudo.qalibiz.com/cribisitws/2003/02/28/Authentication',
            'Authentication' })
            -> proxy('http://collaudo.qalibiz.com/cribisitws/2003/02/28/cr.qcr');
            cut ------------------------------------------------------

            and what I got serialized is as follows:

            cut ------------------------------------------------------
            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <soap:Envelope
            xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-encoding"
            xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope"
            <soap:Header>
            cut ------------------------------------------------------

            From the little I can understand of source code, I expected, beeing
            soapversion=1.2, something like:

            SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-encoding"
            xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-encoding"
            xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope"

            but I get:

            here is something wrong here?

            --

            The second problem is that the server I have to connect to, apparently
            dislike the three attributes above; what I get from my request is a fault

            Could not find schema information for the attribute
            'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:encodingStyle'. An error occurred
            at (1, 102)

            I don't understand the meaning of this message and, in the documentation
            provided by the service provider, there's an example call which is identical
            to what I can get from SOAP::Lite except for the three attributes above that
            in the example are absent.

            If somebody can tell me what I'm missing...

            Thanks in advance for any feedback

            ps. Please excuse my awful English, but this is the best I can do :)

            _____________ Paolo Sinigaglia

            sini@...
            psinigaglia@...