Autotyping with Perl/Python and an Apache::SOAP server

  • simon.fairey@ft.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2003

      Hi,

      I'm running an Apache::SOAP server using the httpd.conf option for setting up the server.

      From my limited understanding it is the serializer that sorts out the typing of variables and that's client side? So for Perl it's irrelevant as things can all be treated as strings.

      Now if someone accesses this from a system that does use typing can I set the Apache::SOAP to not use autpotyping using something like:

      PerlSetVar options "autotype => 0"

      in the httpd.conf or is it something that needs to be done at the client side?

      Thanks

      Simon

      This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
      intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies.