RE: [soaplite] SOAP::SOM and multirefs (WS-I base profile app problem)

  • Martin Hajduch
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
      > The question is: how can I produce output that iterates over each
      > "product?" Nothing seems to work.

      could you post more details ? i'm not sure if i'm completely with you ...

      > Some previous emails suggest this is a bug with Axis and I can fix it in
      > Axis by turning off inline multirefs. However, I can't tell IBM to do

      there is no need to do so
      i'm having axis server and perl client exchanging complex datatypes, axis
      server is sending multirefs and there is no problem with it (on client
      side - which is perl)

      > <ns1:getCatalogResponse>
      > <Result href="#id0"/>
      > </ns1:getCatalogResponse>

      you are going to get a reference to CatalogResponse object (?!?),
      which should contain an array:

      > <multiRef id="id0" soapenc:root="0"
      > <products xsi:type="soapenc:Array"
      > soapenc:arrayType="ns2:Product[10]">

      and this array should contain reference to hash:

      > <multiRef id="id8" soapenc:root="0"
      > soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > xsi:type="ns3:Product"
      > xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      > <itemNumber xsi:type="xsd:string">1008</itemNumber>
      > <itemName xsi:type="xsd:string">40 GB Disk Drive</itemName>
      > <unitOfMeasure xsi:type="xsd:string">EACH</unitOfMeasure>
      > <unitPrice xsi:type="xsd:decimal">200.00</unitPrice>
      > </multiRef>

      or something similar
      use perl's 'ref' command to determine the right structure

      regards,
      martin