Re: [soaplite]

  • Tom Samplonius
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2003
      On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Collin Peters wrote:

      > When I send a soap message via soap::lite, it seems to add lots of
      > extraneous namespace information and stuff into the tag. My soap server

      That is the SOAP envelope. It is part of the protocol.

      > doesn't seem to like this as it returns the faultcode
      > "Server.WriteError" (faultstring: 'Database update failed') with the
      > additional message: "Tuple is changed by other user". The full soap
      > response is at the bottom of the message.
      >
      > If I strip this namespace and other information out, and send the
      > message a different way(not via soap::lite), I don't get the error. So
      > my question is: Is there a way to generate an XML message via
      > SOAP::Lite without all the extra info in the tags?

      It sounds like your SOAP server really isn't a SOAP server, but an XML-RPC
      server. You need to lookup how to send XML-RPC messages, not SOAP.

      Tom
    • Collin Peters
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2003
        It is a regular soap server, here is the full soap request generated by
        soaplite:

        <?xml version="1.0"?>
        <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
        <SOAP-ENV:Body>
        <namesp2:Update
        xmlns:namesp2="http://schemas.cordys.com/WirelessCBOM">
        <tuple xmlns="" xsi:type="namesp3:SOAPStruct">
        <old xsi:type="namesp3:SOAPStruct">
        <WirelessCBOM xsi:type="namesp3:SOAPStruct">
        <Id xsi:type="xsd:int">27</Id>
        </WirelessCBOM>
        </old>
        </tuple>
        </namesp2:Update>
        </SOAP-ENV:Body> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        What we're looking for, is a way to disable xsi:type="xsd:int" type
        lines so they do not show up. If we take the above message and paste it
        into our web application to send to the same soap server, it complains
        about the xsi:type tags. As soon as we remove the tags, the web
        application successfully sends the soap message, removes the tuple,
        etc...

        You might say that the web app shouldn't complain about those tages.
        That is probably correct, but even so, is there any way to disable them?

        Collin

        On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Collin Peters wrote:

        > When I send a soap message via soap::lite, it seems to add lots of
        > extraneous namespace information and stuff into the tag. My soap
        > server

        That is the SOAP envelope. It is part of the protocol.

        > doesn't seem to like this as it returns the faultcode
        > "Server.WriteError" (faultstring: 'Database update failed') with the
        > additional message: "Tuple is changed by other user". The full soap
        > response is at the bottom of the message.
        >
        > If I strip this namespace and other information out, and send the
        > message a different way(not via soap::lite), I don't get the error.
        > So my question is: Is there a way to generate an XML message via
        > SOAP::Lite without all the extra info in the tags?

        It sounds like your SOAP server really isn't a SOAP server, but an
        XML-RPC server. You need to lookup how to send XML-RPC messages, not
        SOAP.

        Tom

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • psini61
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2003
          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Collin Peters" <collin@m...> wrote:

          > What we're looking for, is a way to disable xsi:type="xsd:int" type
          > lines so they do not show up.

          Try with "autotype=>0" like in:

          use SOAP::Lite (+trace=>"all", maptype => {}, autotype=>0);

          Greetings