autodispatch & module::name.. simple question

  • Jeff Gleixner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2003
      I don't get how to do the server/client to create the correct
      object.

      client:
      use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
      uri => 'http://my.server.net/My/blah/blah',
      proxy => 'http://my.server.net/soapc.cgi';
      my $obj = My::blah::blah->new();

      server (soapc.cgi), on different machine where My::blah::blah is
      installed in the default @INC directories:

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('My::blah::blah')
      -> handle;

      It always says that it can't find new().

      I get around it by removing all the paths and making my own
      subclass.

      use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
      uri => 'http://my.server.net/blah',
      proxy => 'http://my.server.net/soapc.cgi';
      my $obj = blah->new();

      and..
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to ('blah')
      -> handle;

      package blah;
      use base 'My::blah::blah';

      I shouldn't have to subclass it just to get things to work, so
      what am I missing?

      Thanks

      =====
      -Jeff

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2003
        On 2003-02-14 Jeff Gleixner wrote:
        >I don't get how to do the server/client to create the correct
        >object.
        >
        >client:
        >use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
        > uri => 'http://my.server.net/My/blah/blah',
        > proxy => 'http://my.server.net/soapc.cgi';
        >my $obj = My::blah::blah->new();
        >
        >server (soapc.cgi), on different machine where My::blah::blah is
        >installed in the default @INC directories:
        >
        >use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
        >SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
        > -> dispatch_to('My::blah::blah')
        > -> handle;
        >
        >It always says that it can't find new().
        >
        >I get around it by removing all the paths and making my own
        >subclass.
        >
        >use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
        > uri => 'http://my.server.net/blah',
        > proxy => 'http://my.server.net/soapc.cgi';
        >my $obj = blah->new();
        >
        >and..
        >use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
        >SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
        > -> dispatch_to ('blah')
        > -> handle;
        >
        >package blah;
        >use base 'My::blah::blah';
        >

        >I shouldn't have to subclass it just to get things to work, so
        >what am I missing?
        >
        >Thanks

        See the section in the docs about 'SERVICE DEPLOYMENT. STATIC AND DYNAMIC'
        I think that you need to either directly 'use My::blah::blah' in your server or
        include the path to the module in the dispatch() call.

        Regards,
        Duncan Cameron