Apache Axis + SOAP::Lite

  • ninethirty <ninethirty@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2003
      I noticed a post from early this year talking about problems
      exchanging attachments with an Apache Axis (java) server (something
      about sending LF vs. CR + LF). Can we confirm that attachments do NOT
      work with Axis? Has anyone gotten it to work?
      I just need to know if I'm wasting my time working on it :)

      Thanks!

      Matt
    • msanesh <anesh@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2003
        I was having problems sending attachments from soaplite to apache
        axis (1.0) server.

        The problem is that soaplite (rather MIME module in perl) does not
        send CRLF in between MIME boundaries. As per the MIME spec, it's
        supposed to send CRLF. (but see the comments in the MIME module)

        There are 2 ways to fix this.
        1> Change apache axis code to detect boundaries even if there is no
        CR, but only a LF
        2> Change MIME module to send CRLF.

        I took approach 2.

        The problem is in MIME::Entity.pm

        Here are my diffs

        Change
        < $out->print("--$boundary\n");
        > $out->print("--$boundary\r\n");

        and
        Change
        < $out->print("\n"); ### needed for next
        delim/close
        > $out->print("\r\n"); ### needed for next
        delim/close

        This should fix attachments.

        Hope this helps,
        Anesh.

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "ninethirty <ninethirty@y...>"
        <ninethirty@y...> wrote:
        > I noticed a post from early this year talking about problems
        > exchanging attachments with an Apache Axis (java) server (something
        > about sending LF vs. CR + LF). Can we confirm that attachments do
        NOT
        > work with Axis? Has anyone gotten it to work?
        > I just need to know if I'm wasting my time working on it :)
        >
        > Thanks!
        >

        > Matt
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2003
          I have created a sourceforge project for SOAP::MIME. In which I am tracking bugs.

          I have logged this issue as a bug and will see if there is something I can do from SOAP::MIME to overload the MIME::Entity subrountines that are problematic for Axis.

          Long term plans are to integrate SOAP::MIME and SOAP::Lite. But for the time being I am going to check all sources into sourceforge.
          I was having problems sending attachments from soaplite to apache
          axis (1.0) server.

          The problem is that soaplite (rather MIME module in perl) does not
          send CRLF in between MIME boundaries. As per the MIME spec, it's
          supposed to send CRLF. (but see the comments in the MIME module)

          There are 2 ways to fix this.
          1> Change apache axis code to detect boundaries even if there is no
          CR, but only a LF
          2> Change MIME module to send CRLF.

          I took approach 2.

          The problem is in MIME::Entity.pm

          Here are my diffs

          Change
          <           $out->print("--$boundary\n");
          >           $out->print("--$boundary\r\n");

          and
          Change
          <           $out->print("\n");           ### needed for next
          delim/close